Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion MFADP: Is there a future?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Hi Thor, no — but I did link to some on Facebook!

Can you post a link to your Facebook?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
    Monsterhead
    Participant

You do work with Taylor over at Creature Features, Ryan? That’s too funny. He has always been very nice to me in my line of work. When I see him at Monsterpalooza this year, I have a little present for him…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Monsterhead — how did I miss this message? I do work with Taylor. Great guy! Always has lots for me to do. Small world :)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

OK folks, ready to roll into high gear with the relaunch. If you have any interest in helping, please e-mail me. I’m looking for a few folks to curate news content! You’ll get access to the backend to post, and I will add images, styling, etc. You’ll even get an author account and bio (if you like).

Hit me up:

elfmaniac [@] aol.com

Yes, that address still lives ;)

Ryan

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Well it’s that time of year again, when I begin exploring finally updating the site and getting the ball rolling on regular content.

I’ve decided to make this site a free-time priority in 2013. We’re living in a different world than we were in 1995-96 when this site was started, but I hope MFADP can still be relevant.

One thing that I’ve discovered, unfortunately, is that I won’t be able to port this message board content into an upgraded board format. The database is just not compatible with Buddypress (my preference — so that I can integrate users & interaction throughout the site), and no amount of conversion seems to be doing the trick. If anyone here is a SQL whiz and knows how to take a Phorum DB to PHPBB to another format and out to Buddypress, please let me know.

On a related note, there is tons of hidden spam on this board from a few years ago, so removing that kept me busy last week!

You’ll soon be able to find the site easier, as well, with the first top-level domain in MFADP history. More on that soon :)

Ryan

sajrocks
    Participant

Happy Valentine’s indeed!

DannyBiker
    Participant

That’s great ! I’m also curious too how you’ill implement bbPress as I tried it in the past and found it easy & promising but sometimes limitating…

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.