skip to Main Content

Forums Forums General Discussion MIB International (summer 2019)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ddddeeee 4 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

boingomusic
    Participant

Does anyone know if Elfman is part of the new MIB reboot that’s coming out this summer?
    Apparently, no one appears as a composer yet…

DannyBiker
    Participant

I doubt it honestly. I even doubt they will bring back any of his themes…

lonzoe
    Participant

Actually Men In Black International is more of a spin off than a reboot. Emma Thompson even returns as Agent O. Anyways I don’t think Elfman will return as composer because I’ve heard Rick Baker didn’t return to do the make up either. Don’t know if it was either because Baker wasn’t approached or interested. So it wouldn’t surprise me if Gray avoids hiring Elfman as well.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Hasn’t Rick Baker retired?

The first trailer used a bit of Elfman’s theme. His next (announced) movie isn’t due out until 2020 as Dumbo was recorded in October. I think it’s possible that he’s back.

lonzoe
    Participant

Correct Baker announced his retirement about four years ago, but I’m still skeptical about Sony and Gray bringing Elfman on board.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Oh, and:

Co-composed with Chris Bacon!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Ryan Keaveney.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Interesting.

I hope Elfman’s actively involved and it’s not the ‘Here’s my music for the other movies – off you go’ situation that seemed to happen with Jason Bourne.

DannyBiker
    Participant

My guess is that it will mostly be a Bacon score with some light Elfman contributions to maintain his legacy on the franchise.

Following my opening statement above, watch me being proven wrong in 4 months.

lonzoe
    Participant

So I guess this means Elfman probably won’t be heavily involved with the score. Elfman will probably come up with the themes, while Bacon will be utilizing ’em as he’s taking over scoring duties. I hope that isn’t the case and that Elfman is more involved, but I don’t know with the & between both names most likely means Bacon will be contributing quite a bit for MIB:I.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  lonzoe.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I imagine/hope that the pitch was that Elfman would do what he can and oversee the rest. Can’t imagine Sony approaching Elfman and then being happy with getting Chris Bacon instead (no offence intended).

ddddeeee
    Participant

Music department consists of Elfman regulars so far. Fingers crossed.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.