Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    DannyBiker
    Participant

So that’s supposed to be a teaser somehow : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjG7Hi7IRkM

ddddeeee
    Participant

Delayed until Christmas 2016.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I hope it’s not related to film’s issues but I doubt it :
    – Winter fits the film better
    – March 2016 looked like a pretty busy month to release it

Anyway, I guess there’s no chance Alice 2 and Peregrine will collide in Elfman’s schedule now…

ddddeeee
    Participant

I think this has been the plan for a while. I thought it was odd he was on Alice before Miss Peregrine, especially considering how those CG movies only come together at the last minute, so this makes sense.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Elfman isn’t scoring this…

DannyBiker
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant

On a positive note, Alice 2 sounds great.

Lambegue
    Participant

I’m disappointed by this…But there are still quite a lot of projects coming, I guess. Still, I have the feeling that news about Elfman are becoming less and less frequent, lately.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

This was rumoured for awhile, looks like it’s been confirmed!

ddddeeee
    Participant

As long as it’s just a one-off…

Everyone went nuts over Newman scoring Bridge of Spies and it ultimately ended up being a non-issue really, though a Star Wars score around the corner probably had a lot to do with that. If Burton’s next movie really is Beetlejuice 2 there’s surely no way Elfman won’t be on that…

DannyBiker
    Participant

With the film still being a year away, this feels like a decision and not a schedule issue. Unless there are major unannounced projects for Elfman at that time.

ddddeeee
    Participant

The movie will be finished long before Christmas. Bridge of Spies was finished ages before release, but Williams couldn’t fit it in his schedule because Spielberg needed the music ‘early’ so he could finish it and move onto BFG. I really think that’s what’s happened here. Post-production doesn’t wait for any composer. If Elfman has Alice until early next year and then a violin concerto for Summer Elfman doesn’t have the power to ask them to wait for him, nobody does.

Big Eyes had a Christmas release and recorded in February. Burton was well into pre-production for Miss Peregrine by the time Big Eyes came out. He’s not going to sit around and tweak it all year. Add that to this being on the Kraft-Engel site back when it had a March 2016 release date and I think it’s the logical conclusion.

He finished Tulip Fever in July and is now half-way through Alice in December, there’s a big gap there that may have been for Miss Peregrine when it had the March release. He also mentioned having to turn down ‘Pee Wee’s Big Holiday’ which has a March release date because he was already booked.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I know that films can be completed way before their release date but in this case, we just don’t know where’s the production’s at. It was probably pushed back to December 2016 because it fits the season better but there wasn’t an official statement about it nor any kind of rumour. It’s just weird.

Anyway, if Elfman isn’t really doing it, I’m rooting for Desplat.

ddddeeee
    Participant

For sure, I think their aesthetics would fit really well. He does have a little Star Wars movie out around then though.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Well, there won’t be any conflict if Peregrine is done in early 2016 like you implied… ;)

ddddeeee
    Participant

True, true!

He does have a big slate this year but doesn’t he always? I was googling about and Desplat was actually at the Moma event and they met up in Cannes.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=alexandre+desplat+tim+burton&rlz=1C1BLWB_enGB531GB541&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjV2o7ql_LJAhVEtRQKHcDwC2MQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=Ahu14yvumcAE1M%3A

DannyBiker
    Participant

Well, he was a member of the jury when Burton was president…

ddddeeee
    Participant

Apparently Mike Highman and Matthew Margeson are writing the score.

Highman has Burton/Elfman connections which supports the idea of Danny simply being too busy…

bookbinder3
    Participant

Yeah…seems to just be a schedule thing. Was bound to happen sometime. I don’t think it was like “screw you Danny, I’m gonna get these two random guys to write the score instead.” If a big name was replacing him, I’d be more suspicious, but I suspect they’re stepping in to do what Danny might have done, might even use his themes like with 9.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Meh…

ddddeeee
    Participant
    DannyBiker
    Participant

Meh…

ddddeeee
    Participant

I know I’m a broken record but if this records in a few weeks and Danny was still recording Alice 2 this week it definitely seems like a timing issue.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yes it does seem so. Pushing back Burton film’s release date really didn’t change its production schedule. Was Alice 2 always set to be released in May ?

I hope the music will be great (what an opportunity for those two) but I will always watch that film thinking “What if Elfman…. ?”.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Yeah I know what you mean.

I also find it weird that Burton would turn to these guys when every other composer would probably want to work with him. Oh well, good for them as you said. Hope they hit it out of the park as long as Elfman’s back for Beetlejuice 2 or Dumbo or whatever is next.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.