Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion “Music From The Films of Tim Burton” on iTunes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Silva’s MUSIC FROM THE FILMS OF TIM BURTON is now on iTunes.

The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra & Crouch End Festival Chorus - Music from the Films of Tim Burton

Sweeney Todd: Main Titles 3:19
    Sweeney Todd: No Place Like London 1:29
    Sweeney Todd: A Little Priest 2:44
    Sweeney Todd: Johanna 2:24
    The Nightmare Before Christmas: Christmas Eve Montage 4:28
    The Corpse Bride: The Piano Duet / Victor’s Piano Solo 3:05
    Sleepy Hollow: End Titles 3:10
    Batman: Theme / Flowers / Love Theme / The Joker’s Poem / Up the Cathedral / Waltz to the Death / The Final Confrontation 12:37
    Batman Returns: End Titles 4:48
    Edward Scissorhands: Main Title / Ice Dance 5:04
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: Finale 3:36
    Beetlejuice 2:03
    Pee Wee’s Big Adventure: Breakfast Machine 2:18
    Ed Wood: Main Theme 5:12
    Mars Attacks 4:09

The four SWEENEY tracks are instrumentals.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I’m actually pleasantly surprised by the quality of theses recordings. Sure, there are several clumsy arrangements (Beetlejuice) but it’ can be very similar to the original recordings…

boingomusic
    Participant

Usually, I love these kind of recordings because it gives a different view of the score… Sometimes, the orchestra interprets it his own way and it can be very interesting.

In this case, I’m pretty disappointed. I got the cd today, and the orchestra isn’t precise at all. The choir’s recording isn’t good at all, and you can barely hear the strings. The whole thing is very Brass-orientated.
    I don’t think it’s any good for an Elfman fan, and I don’t think this compilation is a good way to enter Elfman’s world at all… It takes away all the “finesse” that can be heard in Elfman’s recordings.

The only track that’s worth listening is Sleepy Hollow. The choral parts are very interesting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.