Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion My Danny soundtrack collection

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    9fingeredElf
    Participant

I’ve been collecting Danny soundtrack since Pee Wee had a Big Adventure. Here’s What I have got since then. They number 70 original scores, 10 Movie Soundtracks with a least one Elfman cue, 16 duplicates of scores with expanded release and FYC CDs, 8 various Danny Cds,, 17 (includes extra CD signed by Danny) expanded scores in Elfman/Burton Box set, and 11 LP Danny Scores for a total of 133 CD’s of Danny original cues.. I think I’ve collected all of his commercially released scores. The one missing that I found after I took all my photos is Mr. Peabody and Sherman Score.Did I miss anything?

Original scores part 1
    f757bc3a_o.jpeg
    Original scores Part 2
    7b25ffe7_o.jpeg
    Duplicate Scores with expnded score or FYC cds
    686980e2_o.jpeg
    Scores with at least one Danny cue
    98c48ecb_o.jpeg
    Various Danny related cds
    9a231091_o.jpeg
    Danny/Burton Box set
    779a8ebc_o.jpeg
    Danny LP scores
    bface68d_o.jpeg

Jealous.

I have… Beetlejuice, Batman, Darkened Theater, Edward Scissorhand, Batman Returns, Nightmare Before Christmas, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride, Wanted, Terminator Salvation and Alice on CD. Hopefully I didn’t forget anything. I’m doing this on memory.

And I have Pee-Wee, Back to School and Darkman on digital – in additional to random tracks from his various scores/soundtracks. Again, hopefully I’m not forgetting anything.

Plus, I have a handful of Oingo Boingo songs on digital.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Impressive! Do you have the La-La Land BATMAN set? With the better artwork and corrected sound? You’ll need the EDWARD LP reissue to round out your record collection — something I’d like to do as well. I don’t think DARKMAN was issued in North America on LP, at least not according to Discogs.

Ryan

DannyBiker
    Participant

I think I’m pretty close to have the complete CD collection. Vinyl will be next but I don’t have any record player anyway. A part of me is still sad to not have invested in the Burton box set but it was apparently not very well built for its price and I didn’t have the money back then…

bookbinder3
    Participant

I had to move everything to a bigger drawer recently. This lot plus Charlie, Pee-Wee and Nightbreed on Vinyl (the original pressing) and the Burton/Elfman box is packed away. Don’t have room to display it. Hope you can read the titles like this. Looks like only half the picture is coming up, but if you save it or click view the rest should appear.

3669a33dae.jpg

3669bc5c73.jpg

Thor
    Participant

Hi 9FingeredElf — nice to see you pop in here. What happened to the ol’ Elfman Zone board?

You have a good collection.

I think I have pretty much everything Elfman and Oingo Boingo and Mystic Knights ever did (at least that’s available in some form — bootleg or otherwise), plus a poster of MODERN VAMPIRES signed by both Danny and Richard. There are still some completely unreleased items that have never seen the light of day in either legal or illegal format, however. And then I have some 5-6 of his recent scores to buy in physical format, even if I own them in digital file format.

You may be missing some individual pieces that don’t have their own CD release yet; some of those ‘between-gigs’ thingies he often does, but it’s hard to know from just looking at the photos. I’d need to see a list.

Since we’re all sharing photos and stuff, here’s a pic I made of my CD collection with the sections marked out. However, it’s only about 60% of my collection; the rest is in file format:

lonzoe
    Participant

9fingeredElf Wrote:

> Did I miss anythng?

Chicago.

9fingeredElf
    Participant

> Did I miss anythng?
    >
    > Chicago.

It’s there. Fourth set of photos under “Scores with at least one Danny cue”

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Thor are you on facebook? I’m here: Facebook I think you are but forgot your name. I haven’t ever compiled a list I’ll work on that someday. Elfman Zone was fun back in the day.

sajrocks
    Participant

So impressed! In the “at least one track” category, should there be NOVOCAINE, SCREAM 2, NACHO LIBRE, NOTORIOUS, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, “Original Music from ‘Tales from the Crypt'” and maybe 9?

The one track category could also include Oingo Boingo. There’s Fast Times, Beverly Hills Cop, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science and Ghostbusters II.

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Descent Into Mystery Wrote:

> The one track category could also include Oingo
    > Boingo. There’s Fast Times, Beverly Hills Cop,
    > Sixteen Candles, Weird Science and Ghostbusters
    > II.

Here’s my collection of one track in movies by Oingo Boingo.
    546293f4_o.jpeg

That’s awesome.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yeah I guess it’s pretty nice but where are Elfman’s hair and saliva’s samples ?

Thor
    Participant

Speaking of which, if you want a full discography of Boingo in movies, check out this feature I did for FSM a few years back (I know that it’s missing some now, like AMERICAN DAD):

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/daily/article.cfm?articleID=6311

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.