Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion mysticknightsoftheoingoboingo.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    boingomusic
    Participant

Wow… I didn’t expect this, but it seems like it’s new… Let’s hope we’ll get a lot of rare stuff !!!!

http://www.mysticknightsoftheoingoboingo.com/

-Eric

elfmanguy
    Participant

What eerie timing! I was just about to post something asking if anyone knew how to get anything from the Mysitic Knights days when i saw this! Crazy coincidence. Anyway, DOES anyone know where i can find some stuff? For instance, on the DVD for the last performance of Oingo Boingo there was a lotta snipets and old footage of performances of The Mysitic Knights. I wanna know where to find that stuff! If anyone knows thatll be great!

boingomusic
    Participant

Well, from what I know, there’s nothing like a Mystic Knights dvd…
    I know, those performances in the Farewell dvd footage are awesome…

There are though, some places you will find little but VERY INTRESTING footage.
    The first, and the best is the movie FORBIDDEN ZONE, directed by Richard Elfman. The film captures the essence of what the Mystic Knights used to be. There are a lot of special features including Danny singing old jazz stuff (Minnie the moocher, St James Infirmary etc), and a whole “History of the mystic knights” part, with interviews of danny, richard, marie-pascale elfman, matthew bright etc… If you don’t have it, just go buy it, it’s fantastic.

Then, if you go to http://www.stevebartek.com, in the gallery or media section, there’s a little sample of an old Mystic Knights rehearsal. Bad quality, but funny.

There’s also http://www.miriamcutler.com Miriam was part of the Mystic Knights in the early period. In her web site, you might find some funny and old pictures of the band.

If you’re lucky enough, you might be able to find two movies on e-bay :

The first one is “HOT TOMORROWS”, a film based on jazz bands, by Martin Brest. It contains some scenes with The mystic knights singing.

The second one is “I never promised you a rose garden”.

I’ve never seen these two movies, but I’ve heard a lot of the scenes in the Farewell footage come from here.

Hope I helped you. Good luck.

-Eric

elfmanguy
    Participant

You sure did! thanx a lot Eric! Ill try these out! Thanx again!

Dawg Man
    Participant

Well, I actually have a few full performances recorded in Audio form. That’s to include the full versions of what was on the Farewell DVD. One day I’ll probably get to finding a way to stream them online, if there’s anyone out there who wants to host the suckers.

MaryInBlack
    Participant

Eric,

It just opened a blank site. Was the same for you?

Mary

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.