Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Nacho album?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

Has anyone heard anything about a CD release of Danny’s upcoming “Nacho Libre” score? Also, has anyone even gotten a brief taste of what it sounds like yet?

polarbrrr13
    Participant

I haven’t heard any of it, but this is what Steve had to say about it over on his forum:

“the nacho libre score was very fun – mostly ethnic guitars percussion accordion and harmonica with an occassional pan pipe tooting wit orchestra sweetning for drama.george deoring and dean parks and a guy named fredrico did the guitars and the famous tommy morgan did the harmonica and bass harmonica. so i hope it pleases . hard to tel about the film but Danny’s music certainly made it funnier steve”

SleepyHello
    Participant

hmmm….. doesn’t sound too good for the film…..

polarbrrr13
    Participant

yeah – if steve thinks that the music made the movie funnier and before that he couldn’t tell… well, i guess what do you expect of a psuedo blues brothers rip off that uses mexican wrestling instead of rockin’ music and carrie fischer with a rocket launcher to raise money for an orphanage.

it’s still not gonna stop me from going to see it, of course :)

here’s a bit of a review i found of it so far from Fred Stesney at slashfilm.com (http://www.slashfilm.com/article.php/2006051520243769)

“Yet there’s something about the movie, like presence of Black, that promises faster-paced comedy and it’s frustrating when the gags don’t arrive with enough frequency. It’s like Hess doesn’t want you to laugh at his movie, he wants you to quote it. I like cult comedies as much as the next hipster, but there must be comedy.

I don’t get this movie, and I’m sure that some people will declare it the comedy of the year. Either way, it’s directed with an original vision, and that’s so rare these days that, even if Nacho Libre isn’t phenomenal, it’s still worth seeing.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.