Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion New and different mediums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

I’ve recently developed an intense liking of the British-made, better-than-Hollywood quality documentary-movies that the Discovery networks have been airing, like “Supervolcano” and one I recently saw called “Voyage to the Planets and Beyond.” The latter featured a very nice score by Don Davis, who is pretty big in Hollywood. Not only did this get me thinking that I’d like to progress to make these types of movies if I get into and graduate from film school, but I also imagined what it would be like it Danny scored one of these projects. So far, he’s done movies, TV themes, a concert piece, and to some extent, a documentary. What other sorts of projects does everyone else think would be interesting for Danny to work on?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Spider-Fan, you’ll find a lot of good TV is not produced in the United States ;)

I’d like to see Elfman do music for an installation or museum or some sort of science centre where you walk through exibits and are immersed by sights and sounds.

Ryan

evil-dead
    Participant

I would love to see a danny elfman opera… and even though it will never happen, if boingo got back together i’d like to hear the kind of songs he would write now that he’s over 50. i’m sure it would be great….alas….

Thor
    Participant

Not to be a wiseass, but the plural of medium is media, not mediums.

As for Danny, he’s done almost every medium there is (in fact, I don’t know any other film composer who has tried out as many media as Elfman). Now he’s even doing a ringtone for cell phones!!!

Weepy Donut
    Participant

Huh?
    Somehow I don’t believe that.

I would love to see some collaborations with rock bands. Like some rock-symphonic fusion… kinda like Michael Kamen and his work on Metallica’s S&M album. Perhaps Danny and Dream Theater would get along ;-) ….. ppsh…. in my wildest dreams that is.

P.S.
    Speaking of crazy mediums, don’t forget about Stain Boy. I don’t think many film composers have flash cartoons on their resumes.

chocothrax
    Participant

I saw some Imax movie about space and it also had score by Don Davis although it was just taken from the Matrix trilogy. :)

elfmanguy
    Participant

What is this ringtone you speak of? I must know more about this Elfman ringtone!

Thor
    Participant

But you must not confuse ‘medium’ with ‘genre’. Medium concerns the actual “device” communicating the music. The rock/symphonic fusion you speak of is not a medium, but rather a genre or TYPE of music.

Thor
    Participant

elfmanguy Wrote:

> What is this ringtone you speak of? I must know
    > more about this Elfman ringtone!

http://www.cmarket.com/catalog/landingPage.do?vhost=acoauction

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.