Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion New Gus Van Sant project

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Danny Burton
    Participant

How Starbucks Saved Tom Hanks’ Life
    Source: Variety March 28, 2006

Universal Pictures has acquired How Starbucks Saved My Life based on a 102-page proposal and attached Tom Hanks to star and Gus Van Sant to direct, reports Variety. Playtone partners Hanks and Gary Goetzman will produce.

The book, to be published by Penguin imprint Gotham Books, is a memoir by Michael Gates Gill, a former J. Walter Thompson executive who found himself down and out when he was downsized out of a job.

In his 60s and in a personal tailspin because of an affair that ended his marriage, Gill saw his luck change when he entered a Starbucks and walked out with a job offer from the store’s manager, giving his life new purpose.

Playtone has animated The Ant Bully opening Aug. 4 via Warner Bros.; the Mike Nichols-directed Charlie Wilson’s War, which begins production Sept. 15 at Universal with Hanks and Julia Roberts; and the Spike Jonze-directed Where the Wild Things Are, which is starting production at WB this summer.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13838

I want Elfman to score this!

Monsterhead
    Participant

Sounds interesting. I love how Van Sant bounces around from movies like ELEPHANT and GERRY to stuff like this. I’d love to see him work with Danny again, but after a no-show on FINDING FORESTER (a surprisingly good movie) I’ve given up hope on another collaboration.

I guess we’ll see. Anyone know why they never did anything else together again after PSYCHO? Did Gus dislike Elfman using Herrmann’a music? Anyone? Ryan, your always full of good stories you never share with us. What’s the scoop?

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Did Gus dislike Elfman using Herrmann’a music?

Gus demanded it.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Yeah, well that’s what I thought…
    Maybe it was Elfman who wanted to do something else?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.