Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion New Movie Announced From Tim Burton…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dawg Man
    Participant
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

Okay, produced by Tim Burton. I’m curious as to whether he himself is directing any new movies after Corpse Bride.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

I read recently that he will take a break after Corpse Bride. I can conceive that…

elfmanguy
    Participant

That would be sad! I cant take another long break like the one between Mars Attacks and Sleepy Hollow! It does make sense but i just dont want him to do it! Im being selfish but that would suck! But if he needs to he should! :(

Dawg Man
    Participant

Well… that wasn’t really an intentional break. He was working a whole year on Superman between Sleepy Hollow and Mars Attacks, touching up the script and storyboarding. It went nowhere though so Tim went AWOL and did Sleepy Hollow instead. I still would love to see what he had in mind for that movie though.

Just as an aside: Burton casted Kevin Spacey as Lex Luther before he left. The movie has since been resurrected — in one form or another — up by WB (with another director attached) and Kevin Spacey has been hired again for that very same role. Too bad Nicholas Cage isn’t attached as Superman.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Bryan Singer, who is now working on the new Superman, worked with Kevin Spacey on “The Usual Suspects,” so they have a previous working relationship. The footage of the new movie shown at Comic Con SD was said to be amazing.

SleepyHello
    Participant

This reminds me…. I just watched on TV “An Evening with Kevin Smith”, and in it he details quite extensively his work on the Superman project while Burton was still attached, and had a lot of very interesting and very funny things to say about him. Anybody else seen it?

“(quoting Tim Burton)’Anyone who knows me will tell you that I would never read a comic book.’ Which, I guess, explains Batman.”

Dawg Man
    Participant

Yeah, You’re quoting his Jay Leno interview. I’m thinking Smith is still pissed about that whole thing and blames Burton.

SleepyHello
    Participant

maybe he said it in a Jay Leno interview. I’m quoting the movie.

Kevin Smith is a baby and he holds grudges, but he’s still funny.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.