Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion New ‘Pee-Wee’ pic?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

“I shouldn’t say this because I haven’t talked to him about it. We talked recently but we haven’t talked about that for a long time. Also I’ve never made a movie with Judd so I don’t know what Judd music-wise how he would feel, although I can’t imagine that Judd would be, ‘Danny? No.’ But Danny, I feel like we have an unspoken sort like ‘I’m I’m making a Pee Wee movie, you’re doing the music. Don’t make me point out that I started your career, okay?’ [Joking] That kind of thing. The answer is yes. I love Danny. Both scores that he’s done for me I think are incredibly overlooked. He should have been nominated for the first one I think although as you probably know it’s Nino Rotta’s score to 8 ½ really. Most people don’t know that.” – Paul Reubens

http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/188533-paul-reubens-says-new-pee-wee-movie-is-ready-to-cast

Thor
    Participant

Quite rambling style there, Mr. Reubens.

I had no idea who ‘Judd’ was….I was thinking Judd Hirsch at first….untill I clicked the link and saw that it was the director Judd Apatow. Always nice with some context!

In any case, I’d welcome another PEE WEE score from Danny, especially so many years after the previous movies. It would be like Williams revisiting his STAR WARS music with the prequels. I wonder how it would sound.

dr.giggles
    Participant

It’s official. Think Elfman or Burton will join? My fingers are crossed!

DannyBiker
    Participant

I doubt Burton will ever make a sequel of anything (yes, I don’t believe Beetlejuice 2 will happen). I’m fairly sure Danny would collaborate with a new PeeWee movie if it happens.

Lambegue
    Participant

I hope Danny Elfman will do it. It would be really interesting to see him handle again such a project with all the experience he has acquired in the interval.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yes, that was pretty clear in the Burton/Elfman concerts orchestrations of the suite. PeeWee was a very naive score (and I don’t say that in a condescending way, it’s one of its quality actually as it fits the film perfectly) and a mature Elfman revisit would be something quite exciting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.