Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion New site design online!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Hi all – well, I couldn’t wait until it was completely ready… Years have past since I’ve started this redesign. If you like what you see (or if you don’t!) please let me know in this thread.

I’m aware that there are some broken links, etc. I’ll be sweeping through the site over the next few weeks to update and fix everything.

http://elfman.filmmusic.com

Best,

Ryan

Phoe_Elfman
    Participant

wow, this is awesome! i love it.

Juanki
    Participant

Great job Ryan!! I certainly had a lot of interest on seeing the updated web, and now I can say it’s terrific!

boingomusic
    Participant

Great Job Ryan!
    I love the “frozen” look!

Thor
    Participant

Yup, I’ll join the chorus of salutations here. Great work, Ryan. It’s much more eye-friendly now and very well organized. Some comments on the “filmography” page, though:

* A picture of CD’s is not a bad idea. But perhaps it would be better to have them standing up in vertical position and also try to have as little “flash” light bouncing off the jewel cases as possible.

* It’s Point Pleasant, not PointE Pleasant

* Where’s the “Beetlejuice – The Animated Series” entry? The “Overeager Overture”? The Honda IMAX commercial? The Budweiser commercial (yes, it’s Boingo, but you also have the “Fast Times” theme listed, which is also Boingo)? FACE LIKE A FROG? Nike commercial? The Julian and Little Demons musicals? MODERN VAMPIRES?

Well, I’m sure the filmography is on your list of uncompleted pages. Keep it up! :)

Oh, and how about making the top logo clickable so that you return to the main page (news page?) if you click it?

gaba
    Participant

Fabulous. Thankyou so much for putting all the work in it – the results are simply great. :-) :-) :-)

D-Bo
    Participant

Wowee! This much-needed update looks really great. Thanks bunches!

Monsterhead
    Participant

Holy Sh*t Ryan! Looks great. I thought I clicked the wrong URL at first until I looked closely. BRAVO!!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and feedback. Keep it coming! More fixes to come, plus CHARLOTTE’S WEB clips and more!

Ryan

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Good stuff! Thanks for putting in all the time for us, we’re all very grateful!

degeneratelite
    Participant

Thanks for updating! The new design is great, and it’s nice to find a site where things are actually current :)

Danny Burton
    Participant

Beautiful.

What I REALLY want is that CNN interview during the Batman Returns release that was taken off youtube. Does anyone still have it?

kjas
    Participant

very easy to navigate and to read! definitely fond of the dusty print look you put up top as well. being a long time lurker, just had to come out of the shadows to say…very nice!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

ryan, you rock. this looks fantastic. thanks for making this fabulous place for us elfreaks to hang out!

peace – rie

mar2k
    Participant

Hey, love the redesign. How about a favicon for our browsers, a little Elfman head or something when we access the site…….

chii
    Participant

YAY I love the new design, its neat and clean but still very very nice :D Thanks, I’m sure everyone appreciates it :D

Edward Bloom
    Participant

Yeah great work Ryan, thanks !
    I have a question though : is it possible to go back to the main page once you’re in a category ?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Which main page? You mean the first page that loads? That’s the News section. If you ever want to go back to the basic URL elfman.filmmusic.com, just click News.

Ryan

Natrebo
    Participant

I held off on my Opinion for a week just because I wanted the New-ness of it to set in, and…

Yes sir, I think I like it! (not that my opinion really counts)

Great job Ryan…

You are the Man! You have done a lot for us Elfman Freaks!

Thanks again!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.