Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion New Spider-Man Titles?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

I’m having the hardest time judging this. I came across this mp3 on the IMDb boards, with the claim being that this is the “Spider-Man 3” main title music. I’ve listened to it a few times and I’m still unsure whether this is the “Spider-Man 2” titles with some digital alterations (pitch, additional instruments/layered music, the very clear change in the ending) or perhaps the real deal. Have a listen:

http://rapidshare.com/files/19883859/Main_Titles.mp3.html

The most obvious traits are the almost identical nature to the “Spider-Man 2” titles — whereas that differed on many points with the first movie’s titles — and the inclusion of the Doc Ock theme, but something tells me Chris Young would be the kind of guy who would leave it in thinking nobody would notice. Some of the things that make me believe it might really be from “Spider-Man 3” are the additional strings at the beginning playing over the percussion, some slight differences in the orchestration (or is my mind fooling me — or am I just too easily fooled by digital alterations?), and of course, the love theme played at the end instead of that bombastic, heroic closing — I feel this would be entirely appropriate if the movie opens with that awesome shot of Peter and M.J. lying out on that giant web together. Considering I’ve been listening to the “Spider-Man 2 Main Titles” frequently for nearly 3 years now, you’d think I’d be better at judging something like this, but still I want to hear other opinions. Or you can all make fun of me if I’m a gullible idiot.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

No that’s just a fan having fun with Cool Edit or something…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Seems like it’s someone trying to run up their Rapidshare download points.

Ryan

boingomusic
    Participant

I agree with Edward Bloom. It’s fake. No decent composer would change keys this way. It’s just a cut and paste, with some fading effects, and the pitch is slightly changed…

I know Chris Young is no Elfman, but he’s a great composer, and he would never do such a cheap job, specially when he finally gets the occasion to work on such a big blockbuster movie.

-Eric

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.