Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Nightmare Before christmas orchestral score

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am currently majoring in conducting in college and for my senior project, I’d really like to conduct the End Titles to Nightmare Before Christmas. I was wondering if anyone knew if the orchestral score exists and if so, where I might purchase it? I’ve looked all over the internet, and so far I’m quite pessimistic, but if anyone knows any other websites/publishing companies I should check out, please email me. Thanks!

D-Bo
    Participant

I’m not sure if one exists right now. I’ve actually been working on transcribing it myself off and on, but it’s nowhere near complete.

Anonymous

That’s what I thought too. Too bad – the publishers should work on getting one available to the general public. Elfman’s music is amazing and the score to Nightmare Before Christmas I think would be performed a lot. If you find one, let me know!

Thanks

Anonymous

The score was puplished by hal leonard some years ago. I have it.

Anonymous

Any luck finding the score on the Internet? I’m a music production student and am fascinated by the sound of Elfman stuff, sort of like gothic-fariytale music.

I’m ‘re-scoring’ Tim Burtons first film Vincent in an Elfman style for one of my final project. I’d love to take a look at the score for NBC…..

Anonymous

I have again spoken before thinking. The released TBNBC “score” contains only the songs, not the score. Well there is that finale/reprise thing but I´m sure you people were
    looking for the real thing. Sorry. I shall go and kick myself in the ass.

Empty_45
    Participant

Hi,

I have some original sessions scores of this movie :

Opening
    Closing
    End Credits
    Finale
    Reprise and Reprise Revised End
    This Is Halloween

I can perhaps help you / I was looking for them for a long time ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would love to see those. Is there any way I can get into contact with you? I’m a composition student and would like to study his orchestration, etc… I know this is a few years late. But I’ve been scouring the internet!

Thanks

Kotoroshi
    Participant

I too, would like to see these scores, preferably for the song “This is Halloween” and the preceding intro.
    I’m not a composition student, but simply someone who loves Mr. Elfman’s music.
    I am forming a band with a few friends, who all are fans of Elfman, and we would like to honor him by covering the song. If you could help (perhaps there is a Book to be bought) it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Sincerely,

~Kotoroshi

bookbinder3
    Participant

There are a few bookswith all the songs from the film in it. They would be a good starting point for you to divide up the parts for your band, or add in your own parts. There is a piano vocal, a piano guitar and vocal, and an easy piano vocal version. Amazon.com search:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nightmare+before+christmas+piano&x=0&y=0

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.