Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion "Nightmare" on PS2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’m not sure if any of you are aware of this, but Disney signed a deal with Squaresoft, the video game developer behind the famous “Final Fantasy” series, to allow them to make a game that features their famous characters. This game has since been titled “Kingdom Hearts” and will be released on the bestselling, albeit mediocre, Playstation 2 console this Christmas.

The pictures that have been released show off the cream of the marketable crop of Disney’s small army of cartoon critters. Goofy, Donald, Dumbo, Tarzan, Hercules, and many more.

“Looks like another run of the usual suspects,” I thought to myself as I was absently scanning the article. But then I read that one of the ‘worlds’ you’ll have to explore is based on “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” And then in the same paragraph it reported that Disney is trying to enlist some of the original talent from these films to reprise their roles.

Maybe we’ll here some rearranged version of “This is Halloween” while we’re stomping through Oogie Boogie’s hideout as some androgynous looking kid carrying a huge ass key for a sword. Then we’ll be serenaded by Mr. Elfman’s haunting voice while Jack gently disembowls our hero.

Joy!

Anonymous

Just saw some screenshots of “Kingdom Hearts” featuring our beloved characters. Very weird to see Jack walking along with Donald, Goofy and a Final Fantasy japanese kind of character, though. Anyway, being a “Final Fantasy X” fan, I’m hoping this will be great fun.
    Check the pics here:

http://gamers.com/game/1068033/media

Anonymous

Oh man . . . is there any version OTHER than PS2??? If not, I’ll rent it and show up at my game-loving friend’s doorstep and refuse to leave until he decides to play it with me.

Anonymous

AHHH! This is exactly what I’ve been waiting for…for…well since 1993, really. Besides the fact that I’ve devoted my whole life totally to The Nightmare Before Christmas, (and Sleepy Hollow)…. the game would be awesome. Let’s hope, at least. Some of those games turn out a disappointment. After having a movie, the gameplay always seems to get messed up. The game alone might be worth buying a PS2. (Personally, I hate Playstation…look what they did to Dreamcast. Dreamcast is my favourite…but now they stopped making games for it.) Ugh, now you’ve got me anxious for yet another thing. I only wish that the whole game was completely Nightmare… oh, that would provide so much solace.

-Em
    http://www.geocities.com/burtelfdepp

Anonymous

That’s saucy–I just blew a ton of money on buying a PS2! It would be much better if they gave Jack his own game, though. Because I sort of hate everything else Disney, and I just think he’s in a different league altogether. Still, I suppose something’s better than nothing!

By the way, if you’ve got the new Spiderman game, and enter HEADEXPLODY on the “cheats” screen, you get to bowl. It’s kinda cheesy, but Bruce Campbell’s cracks makes it worthwhile.

Anonymous

I found a soundclip from the game! It’s the Halloweentown theme, but no singing, and it’s in cheesy synth. But it’s interesting to hear what a “game” version of this sounds like!

here’s the link. It’s near the bottom: http://www.altpop.com/stc/reviews/kheartsost.htm

Anonymous

That music is so cool..This is Halloween is my fav song from the movie, and hearing it from Kingdom Hearts was a plus ^^ I’m definitely getting this game (for the sole reasons of seeing Jack and my fav FF7 characters), even if I don’t have a PS2 by then. Oh, on my harddrive is a Japanese commercial for KH, I’ll try to find the site I downloaded it from and post its link up. It’s got Jack in it, in motion, even though its very brief.

Anonymous

Huh . . . that’s kinda cool. Doesn’t sound too far off from the demo!!

I just have to wonder why all this synth/midi/whatever stuff is still being used when actual orchestral music can be put into the game – – I don’t know a whole lot about that sort of thing but I do vividly remember the (actual orchestral, VERY real) score to The Lost World PSX game.

Anonymous

MIDI isn’t crap! Enough said! :P

Anonymous

Midi is just a language and it has no sound in and of itself. It matters what sounds you use with midi, in fact Danny Elfman happens to use midi. Don’t believe me? Check the credits on almost any Danny Elfman Cd — MIDI Supervision anyone?

Anonymous

well of course, midi’s the standard.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.