Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Nightmare Overture at Disney Hall

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BATMAN
    Participant

John Mauceri, conductor of Serenada Schizophrana and the Overeager Overture is doing a concert on Oct.20th of famous Disney Music in Disney Hall and the program opens with Elfman’s Overture to the Nightmare before Christmas. Jealous of all who can go.

LA Phil Presents The Disney Symphonic Legacy on October 20th
    Release Date: October 6th, 2009

This October 20th, the Los Angeles Philharmonic will hold a special concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall: “LA Phil Presents The Disney Symphonic Legacy”. This special event blends together classic Disney film scores in a new multi-dimensional experience for the eyes and ears. It will feature the a new never-before-seen or heard approach to the classic animated film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in a symphonic retelling with live narration, vocals and orchestra, along with rare animator’s drawings from the Disney vaults.

Featured Artists:
    Hollywood Bowl Orchestra
    John Mauceri, conductor

Program:
    ELFMAN The Nightmare Before Christmas – Overture
    TCHAIKOVSKY Sleeping Beauty – Suite
    ZIMMER Pirates of the Caribbean – A Symphonic Portrait
    JOHN/LEBO M/ MANCINA/RIFKIN/ZIMMER The Lion King
    Frank CHURCHILL/Larry MOREY Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – A Symphonic Retelling

Experience the music from Disney’s classic films and legendary composers like never before, including the world premiere concert performance of Walt Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs featuring a full cast of singers and actors.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009, 8:00 PM
    Walt Disney Concert Hall (Map/Directions)
    111 South Grand Avenue
    Los Angeles, CA 90012

http://www.laphil.com/tickets/performance-detail.cfm?id=4205
    Click here for more information and to purchase tickets to this exciting concert!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Agh, if only I wasn’t poor! Cheapest seats are $47.

DannyBiker
    Participant

You’re not poor. That’s just expensive…:-)

detbat
    Participant

OMG!!

I arrive in LA that morning!! This is so cool!!

I am so in. Anyone else here going?

It would be great to meet another Elfmanite :)

D-Bo
    Participant

Sweet! My former school chancellor conducting + Elfman = win. And a friend of mine helped with the arrangement of the Overture for this concert!

D-Bo
    Participant

Anyone else go to this? The concert, overall, was really awesome, but I thought the Nightmare Overture was the weakest of the bunch, unfortunately. Apparently, Danny was there, but I didn’t see him. Richard Kraft was floating around here and there, though.

detbat
    Participant

Danny was there??? Are you serious>>?? WOW!!

I loved it had the best night.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.