Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion NMBC new dvd

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    boingomusic
    Participant

Just got the new collector’s edition dvd. The image quality is amazing, and there’s also a DTS track (like on the special edition dvd) that had not been announced….
    Sadly, there isn’t any isolated music track, but A LOT of unreleased music appears on the menus (unrealeased score parts, or instrumental songs versions…) My question is : WHY CAN’T WE PUT OUR HANDS ON THESE INSTRUMENTAL SONGS, AND THESE AMAZING UNRELEASED TRACKS ???

As for the new special features, i am VERY disappointed to see that the so-called “preview” posted a few weeks ago ( http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47993 ) doesn’t even appear on the dvd !!!

Where does this video come from ?!!?????

-Eric

gordonblu
    Participant

Maybe it is an Easter Egg. My personal favorite Special Feature is Christopher Lee reading the original poem. That was flippin’ sweet!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I want this to be my first Blu-ray title. And since I’m not getting one of those very soon… I’d love to get it, but I can’t buy it twice on DVD and then on Blu-Ray. This Elfman site isn’t a cash cow ;)

Dreamtiger
    Participant

gordonblu Wrote:

> Maybe it is an Easter Egg. My personal favorite
    > Special Feature is Christopher Lee reading the
    > original poem. That was flippin’ sweet!
    >
    > We interrupt this program to increase dramatic
    > tension.

This DVD has far exceeded my expectations. I had never seen Frankenweenie or Vincent and loved both of them. But the biggest suprise was the poem– Christopher Lee does a fantastic job reading, and the animation was great. It’s almost like a condensed version of the movie– the fact that it stands up so well even without Danny’s music is a testament to the genius of Tim Burton.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.