Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion No Love for Haters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Monsterhead
    Participant

From JoBlo:

“As if Guillermo del Toro needed more on his plate, JoBlo got word yesterday that the Mexican genius has setup a new movie at Universal called Haters for him to direct.

Based on the novel of the same name by David Moody, the story takes place in a future society in which violent crime has taken a serious turn for the worse thanks to the acts perpetrated by Haters. But they’re not a specific group of people; Haters can be anyone. In a matter of seconds a person could turn on their neighbor and mutilate them for no apparent reason. No one can be trusted, no matter how long you’ve known them for.”

Could be cool to hear if Elfman tags along on this one too…

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Hell yes! I never heard of the book before, but it sounds absolutely awesome, and del Toro sounds perfect for it. And an Elfman score for that? Um, perfect indeed! I’m still really psyched to hear what he comes up with for Hellboy 2… adaptation of Beltrami, or new theme?

Monsterhead
    Participant

I’m guessing it will be a new theme, seeing how the first film was for Sony/Revolution Studios. The entire franchise has now been picked up by Universal. They would have to pay for those rights, which I doubt they would – and besides – Elfman is more than capable of coming up with his own. Still, I liked Beltrami’s music for first “Hellboy”. I would have liked to hear Elfman’s take on it. I guess we’ll see and hear soon enough…

DannyBiker
    Participant

Well, if they get along well on Hellboy 2, Del Toro may become a new Elfman regular. I’d like to actually : this project sounds way more promising than “Wanted”…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.