Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Nothing new, but…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

…I recently listened to the “Nightmare before Christmas” score album in its entirety for the first time, and loved the lyric to the ending narration by Patrick Stewart, which I hadn’t heard before. Elfman continues to make my head spin with jealousy and wonderment.

(Was that corny or what?)

In all honesty though, I find Elfman’s lyrical talent formidable. Some of it bugs me, but he can be fantastic at times.

Cheers,
    Burt

Anonymous

The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favorite scores–simply because it was just such a great collaboration between Tim and Danny and Caroline Thompson. And I think Danny’s an amazing singer.

I mean, I love Danny’s old group–Oingo Boingo–but his voice is just so rich and emotional in The Nightmare Before Christmas, that it hardly sounds like the same guy. Okay, scratch that. They both sound like Danny, but it’s hard to picture Jack Skellington singing “Insanity”, you dig?

Anyways, If you get a chance and/or the opportunity, I’d recommend hunting down Music for a Darkened Theatre 2, (if you don’t already have it), in which there’s the original track of “This is Halloween” with Danny singing all the parts–you can tell it’s just him having fun, and it’s great!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.