Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Off Topic : Marco Beltrami

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    lonzoe
    Participant

I know this is off topic but since Elfman might be doing Hellboy : The Golden Army ( when I see scoring sessions pics, I’ll believe it more ) and Beltrami did the first film. What do you guys think of Beltrami’s scores. I think he’s a smart and talented film composer that people like Christopher Young need to learn from. He did a great job on I, Robot , he had to write that score in 19 days I believe. He also did pretty good on T3: Rise of the Machines , John Connor’s theme was good and the action cues are another plus. His Scream scores were good as well, but the CD release for the first two were too short and edited badly. Same goes for Blade II, score was great but CD is edited badly , missing great action cues(Nomak and Blade’s last fight). Of course his Hellboy score is a masterpiece.Hellboy is also missing some GREAT cues and edited on CD. I think it’s right up there with Elfman’s Batman scores, Spidey scores, and Hulk,as well as Williams Superman score, Horner’s Rocketeer score, and Goldsmith’s The Shadow score. It’s sad Beltrami won’t be able to continue of f of his themes and create new themes as well. Hellboy was his baby.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.