Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Oingo Boingo Tribute album

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DG
    Participant

Hello all, I am a new poster but long time “lurker”. Never really posted because you all tend to have info before I do (getting old I guess – I used to know). However, I haven’t seen anything about this OB tribute album featuring Boingo covers from the likes of Reel Big Fish and the Aquabats. So I thought it would be a good time to chime in. It pales in comparison to Halloween at the Universal Amphitheatre or Irvine Meadows but it helps to fill the void.

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=13643673&Mytoken=20050504113823

Thor
    Participant

I don’t know if the poster of this message is still around, but I just wanted to say thank you for this information. I immediately purchased the album from Indianola Records (quite cheap too!), and I must say it’s a bloody good one! Much better than expected. These are really professional performances, and I paricularly liked the electropop versions of “Dead Man’s Party” and “Weird Science”. Plus the laidback, female vocal version of “Not My Slave”. Has anyone else picked this up yet? You’re not a proper Oingo Boingo fan without it (how’s that for free advertising!).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.