Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Oingo Boingo’s STOLEN BABIES

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    boingomusic
    Participant

Have any of you ever heard a band called “Stolen Babies” ???

They used to be a 12 piece theatrical ensemble that would play crazy cartoon music from the 50’s. Their name was, at that time : THE FRATELLIS (yes, like in the Goonies).
    Anyway, Danny Elfman liked their music so much that he even invited them to play at his birthday party in 2000!

They finally became a rock/metal band called STOLEN BABIES three years ago, and their album is called : “There be Squabbles ahead”. The’re all HUGE FANS OF BOINGO. The lead singer is a woman whose voice is amazing. Some songs are a little too “metal” for me, but the rest reminds me SO MUCH OF OINGO BOINGO.

You have to listen to these songs : “Filistata” and “Tablescrap”.

I had NEVER heard a band sound so much like Boingo.

Here’s the link :

http://www.amazon.com/There-Squabbles-Ahead-Stolen-Babies/dp/B000I2JTHU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1198676146&sr=8-1

-Eric

guitarfreak
    Participant

I discovered Stolen Babies through Revolver magazine. It stated in the article that they were heavily influenced by Boingo thus peaking my interest. I have their CD and I am in love with it. I agree that some of the music is very heavy, but I love the aggression.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I checked the link and they’re alright, but let me just say that that is the greatest thread title ever.

Lucius
    Participant

Yeah, I’m friends with those guys (mainly the drummer and bassist) they are HUGE Elfman fans (Boingo and his scores). Really nice guys. Also Jon Avila produced their demo as well.

Lucius

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.