Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Oompa Loompas sing Danny’s music online…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dawg Man
    Participant

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=trailer&id=1808403419&intl=us

Several Clips of Charlie & The Chocolate Factory are now online with Danny’s music included. The most prominant of the bunch are when Charlie finds the Golden Ticket (the music shines through) and the Oompa Loompas’ singing the Gloop song.

Also, one more thing that I noticed, the scene “Everything in This Room” — where everybody eats the set — feels a lot closer to Elfman’s early 1990’s music like Nightmare Before Christmas or Batman Returns. Maybe it’s the celesta.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Ooh, this makes me very excited! I’m very happy with the direction he went with the music: back about fifteen years. As for the Oompa Loompa song, who knew that jazzy music in the commercials is actually his? The Oompa Loompas are awesome. Tim Burton’s done another fine job with this film by the looks of it and from some positive early reviews.

Dawg Man
    Participant

Actually, the ska-type music sounds like he misses his Oingo Boingo years a little.

guitarfreak
    Participant

the oompa loompa tune does sound boingo-ish
    i bet danny did great on the music………….
    the movie though……i can’t really say im that excited…………to me it looks a little dissapointing, i dont know, its just me

Edward Bloom
    Participant

And we can now listen to parts of the score in every section on the official website :

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/charlie/flashsite/index.html

Man, that music in the “Fun & Games” section is insane !
    Don’t forget to select every character in the “Characters” section ! :)

Dawg Man
    Participant

Man… (there’s no question about it in my mind anymore) “The Film”, “Cast & Crew” and “Media” (that one especially) sections really brings back that early 90’s feel, ala Scissorhands and Black Beauty. Then “The Characters” section (except for Charlie) resurrects the Mystic Knights.

ooshmaster
    Participant

Yeah, the Character’s section reminds me of the Mystic Knights too… the music for the Mike Teavee Page sounds a little reminiscent of the Forbidden Zone theme.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

Finally, I decided to make a review out of this post, so check out the main forum page…:)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.