Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Overeager Overture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Norby
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows if the ‘Overeager Overture’ will be released on CD at any point? Has anyone heard it?

Regards,

Christopher

johnmullin
    Participant

As far as I know, there are no plans to release this, but I hope that changes!

The piece is about 8.5 minutes long and contains several little “movements” which are all quite charming.

The opening/conclusion is a bit reminiscent of Aaron Copeland’s classic “hoe-down” music, and uses a theme that’s a bit similar to the “In The Mud” cue from Charlotte’s Web. The following sections really evoke an old school Hollywood musical feel. There’s a big showy Hollywood fanfare, and my favorite bit: an epic flute theme which first appears half way through and gets a wonderful heroic treatment.

All in all, I’m not sure how this would get released unless it shows up on a compilation of some sort. Of course, my hope is that Elfman writes 4 or 5 more of these and that the success of ‘Serenada Schizophrana’ encourages one of the labels to put up the cash to record them all and do a proper release.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The recent perf with the Detroit Symphony will be broadcasted in the future. When on what, I don’t know yet. More soon hopefully.

Ryan

Norby
    Participant

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a fun piece and I hope we get a recording shortly! Indeed, it would be great if Danny started writing more and more concert music… would be nice to hear some of his music live! I haven’t heard Charolottes Web yet, is it good?

best,

Christopher

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.