Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Rabbit & Rogue getting recorded in May!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    DannyBiker
    Participant

So a CD is not gonna happen right ?

For the euro zone, qobuz has the flac version as well : http://www.qobuz.com/be-fr/album/rabbit-rogue-original-ballet-score-danny-elfman/0886445887624?qref=dac_6

ddddeeee
    Participant

This is a shame.

The music is obviously the important thing though – has anyone listened to it yet? The samples sound far more manic than I expected.

Someone on another forum described it as the bridge between Serenada and Iris, I can definitely hear that.

boingomusic
    Participant

There’s going to be a CD release very very soon, as well as a 5.1 DVD version.
    It’s worth waiting for the physical release ; )

Lambegue
    Participant

I just listened to it on Spotify.
    It’s just…Don’t know what to say.

I LOVE Elfman, I have loved his music for many years now, but here…I’m so impressed. It’s very complicated, subtle…I’ll need a few more listens to make a better “analyse” of this, but I truly, truly love it.

(in Rag, some passage reminds me very much of a theme in Big Fish)

DannyBiker
    Participant

Agreed, it’s really impressive. It’s a mixture of Seranda and Iris in some parts but I find its writing way more sharp. Serenada really showed that it was actually many little pieces put together; here, the cues, although rather long are well structured and feel like a flow of notes that were sliding on. It’s the fact opposite of Alice 2 writing actually. Lots of Glass and Stravinsky in there as well and I like how the recording provides a really clean sound…

I’m less convinced by the use of electronics. They don’t add anything of interest and they sometimes sound a bit on the cheap side..

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

CD? DVD? Hmmmmm :)

ddddeeee
    Participant

I thought he was being sarcastic?

DannyBiker
    Participant

Oh wow, I was completely “whooshed” on that one. I should have known better when the words “5.1 DVD version” were first written by someone since 2007.

ddddeeee
    Participant

?

DannyBiker
    Participant

She lost me at the last four words…

boingomusic
    Participant

I’m actually very serious about this.

A cd/dvd version is on its way, trust me.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Surprised nobody has mentioned how some of ‘Rag’ was reused for Milk haha.

boingomusic
    Participant

I knew it 😉

Here you go : Rabbit & Rogue 2-CD set, released on June 2nd.

https://www.cede.ch/fr/music/?release_cat=1&branch_sub=0&sort=4&search=elfman&branch=1

ddddeeee
    Participant

Yessssssss.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Amazon link for the physical release.

boingomusic
    Participant

The DVD on the release will have a 5.1 version as well as footage from the recording sessions, an interview with Danny Elfman and other additional features.

Great news !!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

So Amazon lists a 2-disc CD set. Is the second disc actually the DVD? Amazon’s page is not clear.

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Here’s a listing for the CD/DVD combo. Hopefully that’s what the amazon listing will read someday before the release.

Rabbit & Rogue (limited Deluxe Edition)

9fingeredElf
    Participant

This is the UK Amazon listing as having CD coming with the DVD.

Product Description
    • ‘Rabbit and Rogue’ is Danny Elfman’s first ballet score, which he created for Twyla Tharps’ choreography for the American Ballet Theater.

• Elfman has written a score that wears his admiration for the Russian ballet masters (in particular Stravinsky and Prokofiev) proudly on its sleeve.

• This Limited Deluxe Edition offers a variety of insights to the production of this ballet score, including the score on an audio CD as well as performance and interview footage on DVD

UK Amazon Listing

ddddeeee
    Participant

Delayed to the 30th June according to Amazon.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Still announced for tomorrow on Amazon UK. But then The Circle’s is being prepared in my order but not Rabbit & Rogue…

ddddeeee
    Participant

Yeah, The Circle has been dispatched for me but no movement for Rabbit & Rogue.

boingomusic
    Participant

Well, apparently, it’s not delayed, since I just open my mailbox and it just arrived 😊

ddddeeee
    Participant

Mine has been dispatched. 😀

Anybody watched the DVD yet?

boingomusic
    Participant

Yes I watched it. It’s basically a 15-minute Elfman interview. With some images of the ballet rehearsals.
    I was hoping it would be longer and that we’d get some images from the orchestra sessions and some footage from the ballet itself.
    Anyway, the Elfman interview was quite nice and it’s interesting to hear that the whole recording and CD+DVD release was Elfman’s own project. He paid himself for the recording. Even the 15minute featurette is produced by Elfman and his team.

And the 5.1 mix is wonderful. It’s great to hear this music with such depth.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.