Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion ‘Red Dragon’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’m listening to RED DRAGON for the first time in a long time and it’s reminding me why I thought it was brilliant in the first place. This is a pure descent into the dark recesses of the mind. “The Old Mansion” is spell-binding.

Play it today!

Ryan

D-Bo
    Participant

Whole-heartedly agree. It’s one of Elfman’s more inspiring scores to my own compositions. Getting the CD for Christmas gave me an excuse to listen to it at least a few more times through (‘course I’ve been familiar with the score for longer than that ;-) ). Just about all the cues are wonderful, but if I had to pick favorites they’d be the Main Titles (his title sequences are always amazing), “The Note,” and the last four tracks on the CD.

Well, now you’ve gone and done it. Now I’m going to have to give the masterpiece another listen.

chii
    Participant

I have the movie but I havent watched it yet >_< So this will get me all excited for when I do watch the movie because now I know that this score is supposedly amazing..? XD

gaba
    Participant

It’s a rather good movie (I adore Norton in almost anything he does, and pretty much everyone else does a great job in this film. Philip Seymour Hoffman is fab!)… with a VERY good score. The score-commentary is not one of the best since it’s rather scarce, but it does have a few very funny moments (like the notorious ‘THE most morbidly scored blowjob in the history of cinema…’ comment which had me giggle for a good few minutes)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.