Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Rickman in Sweeney

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Monsterhead
    Participant

Cool casting news. I always wanted to see these two together…

http://dreadcentral.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=981

TenderLumpling
    Participant

That’s cool, but is Danny Elfman even involved with the project anymore?

Dawg Man
    Participant

Danny says he isn’t but I have a feeling he’ll pull a Chicago. The movie may have songs and musical numbers but score is always needed, even if it’s only fifteen minutes worth.

RCox
    Participant

There was a fair deal of incidental music in the original show, but who knows if any of it will make it to the screen adaptation.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I wasn’t real thrilled when I first found out about Burton being on the project, but with a cast that includes Johnny Depp, Sacha Baron Cohen, and now Alan Rickman, I’m starting to anticipate it. Of course, without the Elfman touch it just may not be up to par with Burton’s other movies.

Interesting note here… Alan Rickman was in Kevin Smith’s “Dogma” and now he’s in “Sweeny Todd.” Kevin Smith had a small bit of the broadway version of “Sweeny” in “Jersey Girl” (which I maintain is a fine film). Kevin Smith and Tim Burton are sort of archenemies, and now Rickman’s working for him. Ironic? I dunno, but I’ve just been in a real Kevin Smith mood after watching “An Evening with Kevin Smith 2” and “Clerks 2” on DVD, and my name’s in the credits at the end of the latter! Of course, unlike Ryan, I didn’t do anything with the movie to get the credit, all I did was add a Myspace page to my friends list, but cool nonetheless.

gaba
    Participant

That’s great news. I agree that Danny’s involvement in this project would be fantastic, but it’s still shaping up to be ace.
    Thanks for the heads up!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Another annotate, Danny Elfman turned down Dogma.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Yeah, and Cohen is not confirmed for SWEENEY. I have a feeling it won’t happen…
    But did Elfman “turn down” DOGMA, or just not have time to do it?

gaba
    Participant

Well, the result would be just about the same.;-)
    Let’s see.. Dogma came out in 1999. That would be: Instinct, Anywhere But Here and Sleepy Hollow, just that year (not sure what part of 1999 Dogma came out, so that could just as well tie itself to Danny’s work on 1998 and 2000 releases).
    I guess it’s hard to pick out any year Danny wouldn’t be terminally busy in…. so we’ll never know what’s turned down and what’s Turned Down.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

But did Elfman “turn down” DOGMA…

According to Kevin Smith on the Dogma commentary.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Well, whatever happened. I’m glad he didn’t do it, the movie sucks. Though I seem to recall hearing Shore’s music for it and thought it was pretty good…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.