Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion River Cruise – Part 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lucius
    Participant

So, now I’ve seen the film 3 times (but, I still have to see it at least one more time in IMAX!) After the first 2 times I didn’t notice, but after the 3rd time I was looking for it and noticed that one of my favorite tracks, River Cruise-Part 2, is NOT used in the film.

Now, is this one of those cases where there was a scene cut out…or is this a Batman Returns alternate track situation. What I mean by that is: in Batman Returns, when we fly over the zoo for the first time, there is this great piece of music that is not on the soundtrack. Instead there is a better piece of music on the soundtrack that works perfectly with the film.

I’m sure nobody knows the answer to this other than Burton or Elfman…just thought I would point it out.

Lucius

Danny Burton
    Participant

UGHHHH.

I haven’t seen the film yet and that broke my heart. That is my favorite cue too.

Bummer.

Kipobe
    Participant

Yeah, I noticed this too. That was the first whole cue I had heard from the soundtrack (ala Ryan) and therefore was looking forward to hearing it in the film. Didn’t see it, and I was confused.

The thing is, it is “Part 2”, so there could be a scene missing that used the track… or it could be like what you said.

Dawg Man
    Participant

It’s like the second Ape Suite in Planet of the Apes or the first Young Ichabod track in Sleepy Hollow. Elfman wrote it aside for the CD.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I saw the film again yesterday and noticed the main titles were mixed differently. The first appearance of the choir for Tim Burton’s credit was mixed way down. In fact, the choir was mixed down throughout the entire sequence, notably when the robots are wrapping the bars.

I also picked up on the family theme, which I didn’t hear before (it’s that JNH-like string and tinkling piano idea).

Ryan

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Why did that scene with the boat tumbling down the river have the “Main Titles” over it? Maybe another case of the studio edits. Sony did that same thing on Spider-Man 2.

Lucius
    Participant

I noticed that too with the Main Titles playing over the river cruise, but I really thought that it worked so well with the sequence. It just had this great rhythm to it that really took me on a ride; I still get goose bumps watching it for the third time.

The last time the boat goes down the “rapids”, in the second section of the Main Titles, Danny changes it up a bit bringing out the horns full force using a different variation on the theme…subtle but brilliant (of course).

I must say that even after 3 weeks, I’m still really jazzed aout the whole experience. I mean, Burton/Elfman…(sigh)…my geedom is constantly gushing out of my pores; it’s actually making quite a mess in my apartment. All I can say is, that Corpse Bride can NOT get here soon enough!!

Well, I’m done typing. Until we meet again, Mr. Keyboard,

Lucius

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.