Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Scissorhands Ballet UK Tour Sched.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sajrocks
    Participant

Playbill has another feature on Matthew Bourne’s Edward Scissorhands ballet. Again, I’m apprehensive about this “adapted from/inspired by the music of Elfman” stuff, but hopefully U.K. Elf-fans can give us the down-low.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/94672.html

“Plans for the new work have been in development over the past few years and recently became firm with a short run in Plymouth’s Theatre Royal, Nov. 14-19, before playing at London’s Sadler’s Wells starting Nov. 22 and officially opening Nov. 30. Now comes word that the work will play other venues past its Sadler’s stint through Feb. 5, 2006 […] at: Southampton Mayflower (Feb. 14-18), Lowry Salford (Feb. 21-25), Norwich Theatre Royal (Feb. 28-March 4), New Wimbledon Theatre (March 7-11), Wales Millenium Centre (March 14-18), Birmingham Hippodrome (March 21-25), New Victoria Theatre of Woking (March 28-April 1), Nottingham Theatre Royal (April 4-8), Glasgow Theatre Royal (April 11-15), Newcastle Theatre Royal (April 18-22), Wyncombe Swan (April 25 29), Bradford Alhambra (May 2-6) and Milton Keynes Theatre (May 9-13). Ticket links are available at the show’s website at http://www.edwardscissorhands.co.uk.”

The piece ends with a little overview of Burton’s collaborations with Caroline Thompson and Elfman with just a wee bit of misinformation thrown in for good measure. See if you can find it:

“Thompson and Elfman are masters of the macabre. Screenwriter Thompson has also penned the 1991 film “The Addams Family,” Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and the upcoming Tim Burton’s “Corpse Bride” (with Michael Cohn and Pamela Pettler). Composer Elfman is known for countless movie scores–many with Burton–including “Pee-wee’s Big Adventure,” “Beetlejuice,” “Scrooged,” “Batman,” “Army of Darkness,” “Sleepy Hollow” and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.””

saj

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’m working on a project with the producer of the ballet. His name is Marc Platt, and his company also produced WICKED. He is a total gentlemen, and aware that I am a massive Elfman fan.

Ryan

sajrocks
    Participant

Well Ryan, as they say in the north eastern U.S.: that’s wicked cool! Although I think qualifying yourself as a fan is a tad diminutive. How about “expert” or “scholar”… or even “all-powerful omniscient one”?

saj

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.