Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Serenada Schizophrana

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    casomai
    Participant

hey, I’ve been looking for the sheet music to this CD. Specifically, Imrov For Alto Sax, it’s an insane awesome song, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Does it exist?

KWashi
    Participant

I think this is the closest you’re going to get : http://www.schirmer.com/Default.aspx?TabId=2420&State_2874=2&workId_2874=27653
    and even that…..I’m not sure exactly what it is….and Improv for Alto Sax isn’t on there.
    As far as going out and buying the music…..I don’t think you can do that.

Dawg Man
    Participant

I think the improv is probably one of the many little pieces Elfman wrote before combining and seperating each piece into the larger whole of Serenada Schizophrana. I’m pretty sure it isn’t available as written, but maybe I’m wrong.

Natrebo
    Participant

Like many concert works, it may be available to rent out the score and parts for an orchestral performance. I’ve seen this with a lot of modern orchestral and band music (I used to play bassoon in band and then later in orchestras in Mississippi). I remember when our band played just one movement from Johan de Meij’s (sp?) Lord of the Rings symphony a year after he wrote it, and they costs just to rent the score and parts were close to a thousand dollars at the time.

KWashi
    Participant

Ouch! That’s a lot of money! In that case, I’ll let you borrow the accordion transcription I made.
    Serenada Schizophrana has to be my favorite work of Elfman’s next to Batman.

casomai
    Participant

Yeah, I checked out the link and I think it’s just a recording of his Carnegie Hall performance. Which, mind you, is really neat, but not quite what I’m looking for. Thanks though!
    I might try transcribing it (and butchering the thing while I’m at it)… good stuff. Thanks for your help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.