Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Shaun of the Dead

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SleepyHello
    Participant

I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but in the trailer for the upcoming movie “Shaun of the Dead” (which looks hilarious), there’s a scene where they’re looking through an old record collection for records to throw at the zombies. I don’t remember what the fist two were (I think one of them was Purple Rain), but they eventually came across the Batman Soundtrack, and he said “throw it”. It’s funny, but I can’t help but feel a little offended inside.

Anonymous

I think tne joke is referring to the songs written by Prince rather than the work of Danny. Honestly, does anyone remember the nine tracks on that album.

SleepyHello
    Participant

hmm…you made a good point. I keep forgetting Prince had anything to do with Batman.

Anonymous

I already have “Shaun of the Dead” on DVD (region 2) and it’s one of the funniest british comedies since the glorious Python days. And yes, there’s a scene where they choose old vinyl LPs to throw at the zombies and they go through a selection of Prince’s albums: “Purple Rain?” – “No.” – “Sign O The Times?” – “No.” – “Batman soundtrack?” – and that’s the one they throw. But, of course, they are talking about the Prince album, not the Elfman score! :-) Anyway, let me just say I really like Prince until the “Batman” soundtrack – this one included. I think he went downhill after that, but I find his “Batman” songs his last really inspired work. So I laughed a lot with that gag, but I wish the album they used to attack the zombies was something like “Diamonds and Pearls”! :-)
    Anyway, check this movie out. Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright, the creators, are a really creative force in british comedy today, and before the wonderful “Shaun of the Dead”, they made one of the best sitcoms in recent history, “Spaced”. I read in some american forums a lot of posts fearing the film would be too british. It is, but that’s what makes it so much better than a lot of the recent american horror spoofs, like “Scary Movie”…

Anonymous

I had the same feelings toward the coment about the Batman soundtrack in the “shaun of the dead” trailer. Did anyone catch whether or not it was the Score or the Prince album? The prince album is a guilty pleasure of mine. There’s a lot of great silly and fun pieces there. “TRUST.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.