Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Shore-Zimmer-Elfman

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Somewhere on this board it was pointed out that the Hannibal Lecter movies have an impressive musical line-up. That being Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer, and now Danny Elfman. Impressive indeed.

But now since David Fincher is set to direct the next “Mission:Impossible” movie, that means Howard Shore is in the front-running to write the score. If this happens, it means that we’ll get scores from the same three composers… only reversed.

I just thought that was a little creepy.

Anonymous

Creepy indeed…

Although it’s pretty obvious to me that Fincher will hire Danny for the score. :)

Anonymous

I doubt that he will. Fincher has Shore as his collaborator, especially considering the Oscar he just won. He sees that accolade and Shore’s on board faster than you can pull up your pants after a quickie with your girl between lunchbreaks at work.

Anonymous

Hahaha ;) Um…yeah…

-E

Anonymous

just a joke…cmon guys

Anonymous

I thought Ang Lee was set to do Mission Impossible 3 after The Hulk
    and by the way David Cronenberg have worked with someone else than Howard Shore: Michael Kamen scored Stephen King`s The Dead Zone so maybe he`s going to score it, who knows?

Anonymous

Howard Shore was not able to score “The Dead Zone” due to Dino DeLaurentis (spelling?) insistence that a more commercial composer do the score. Cronenberg fought to have Shore on board but lost.

But we’re talking about David Fincher. Howard Shore has composed all but two of his movies (I believe “Fight Club” went under similair heat as “The Dead Zone” for its soundtrack).

Though if Ang Lee were to direct an M:I movie we’d get a cool Danna score.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.