Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Similarities

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’ve listened to a lot of classical motion picture music. Like Lord of the Rings, Titanic, and Batman.
    My favorite Batman theme was the beginning theme of “Batman Returns”. And I have that theme on a Cd. The only thing was I didn’t know who the composer was. And i didn’t feel urged to find out who he was anyway. But then I saw the movie Spider-man. And “Main Titles” and the “Batman Returns” theme were SO similar. It was like he blended both themes. Even my sister turned to me and told me it sounded like Batman (she only knows that bc i play it so much). Anyways, my point is THAT’S how I found out who Danny Elfman was. So if you ever get a chance you should listen to the begginning “Batman Returns” theme.

-Natasha

P.s.
    I didn’t realize how famous he was till I came to this website.
    Thanks

Anonymous

Well, I think everyone here has heard the batman theme MANY times. :)

Anonymous

Just throwing this out there because I’m bored: I think the reason I like the score to Batman Returns so much better than the original Batman is because Batman Returns has more than one real theme. I can tick off a million other reasons why I like Batman Returns better, but in all honesty I like the Penguin’s theme a heck of a lot more than Batman’s.

Anonymous

I personally fell in love with soundtracks listening to the Batman Returns album.

So Natasha, welcome to the world of Danny Elfman. HAAAAAA…cool isn’t it?

Bob

Anonymous

Oh, and Batman Returns for Face to Face!

And the Cat Suite, slinky.

-beth

Anonymous

Cool song…and kind of kinky ah?

HEhehehe…it is one of the few pop songs I really like.

Bobby

Anonymous

I like the Batman Returns opening titles, because it’s this “new” dark music, and then suddenly sweeps into the “traditional” Batman music (and in my little world the 1989 Batman is the movie I acknowledge as the “real/first” Batman).

That, and I’m thinking it was the Batman movie that got me interested in Elfman in the first place. I mean, I liked Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure and BeetleJuice too–I just never really noticed the same guy was directing and this other guy was doing the music (the ignorance of kids, huh?)

So, to me, the Batman Returns album is kinda like visiting an old friend–sort of like you know a secret that no one else knows (ha ha! Danny Elfman wrote that score, you can say to yourself, while just about everyone else in the theatre is oblivious).

Anonymous

Oh MAN, you gotta LOVE “Joker’s Poem” on the origional Batman, though! . . . Short, but aMAZINGly sweet. . . And Descent into Mystery is great also!

Anonymous

Yeah, luckily I’ve got ’em both and I’l take ’em both.

-beth

Anonymous

Since you are mentioning the Batman score I thought I’d say that I saw a great documentary on Stephen Foster the other night on PBS, but it was really sad… he died, almost pennyless, shortly after writting “Beautiful Dreamer”.

What’s the connection…??? Do I have to say. :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.