Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Simpsons Soundtrack Listing – What gives?!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Monsterhead
    Participant

So I FINALLY got around to seeing THE SIMPSONS MOVIE last night. Now I have had the CD since it came out, but I was confused by the track listings and the actual onscreen action in the film. Most notably, “Bart’s Doodle” and “Release The Hounds”.

Was there a printing error or is Zimmer just messing with us?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I haven’t seen the movie yet (and since my first year of college starts next week, I’ll probably have to wait until the DVD comes out) but are you saying that the tracks are for different parts of the film than the titles suggest? Because the CD for “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl” had that same issue, and Zimmer worked heavily on that score. I think he likes to mess with us, but then again, he’s a hell of a quirky guy.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Yes. The onscreen cues from the film are labeled differently on the soundtrack. For instance, “Bart’s Doodle” is an electronic surf guitar based cue in the film, while the same cue is titled “Release The Hounds” on the CD. Meanwhile, the actual track listed as “Bart’s Doodle” is a bubbly, Snow White parody where Homer and Marge proceed to make love with little forest animals undressing them in the film.

To quote Ned Flanders: I’m stum-diddly-stumped.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.