Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Sledge Hammer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Weepy Donut
    Participant

Can anyone tell me what this show is all about or better yet, what the theme sounds like? :::cough:Ryan:cough::: (excuse me)::: For those of you who don’t know, “Sledge Hammer” is listed among Elfman’s Filmography under “Television Credits”.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

SLEDGE HAMMER was a cop comedy. The lead was totally dry and seemingly unaware of what was going on around him. If I remember correctly, SLEDGE HAMMER was the name of the cop and his M.O. Sadly, I remember this show (sad, because talking about it makes me feel OLD!). It aired when I was a kid and I believe Anchor Bay released the series on DVD in ’04.

Elfman’s theme was a sort of Mancini type thing. I have a file of it somewhere, but it’s also available on one of the TVT Tube Tunes compilations (which I have – but where is it when I need it!?!?)

Ryan

Ross Marshall
    Participant

Mancini type thing by Elfman?! I must hear this too! Please. :-)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Okay, you guys are lucky that I’m sitting here watching the Superbowl with nothing better to do!!

Slege Hammer! Theme

Ryan

elfmanguy
    Participant

Oh my god am i really that old??? I must have watched that show more than i thought because without watching it in like 20 years i sang along with the theme perfectly!

RCox
    Participant

If you have the money, buy the box sets, especially the first season. The show’s a blast!

“Please! Show some mercy!”

“Mercy? I’ll show you mercy! After I’m done killing you, I’ll send your kids to college.”

Weepy Donut
    Participant

Wow….SWEET theme! Mancini indeed. Thank you so much Ryan.

PHIL
    Participant

Do I hear a pre-occupation with Scrooged in there?? I remember watching that show with my dad. That was such a ‘dad’ show.

…little bit of the Spidey theme too… Always interesting to hear how a composer evolves.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.