Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Special Treat for all you Nino Rota fans…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dawg Man
    Participant

Danny Elfman’s career has been influenced by many artists, most prominantly Bernard Herrmann, but Italian composer Nino Rota had special sway over the style of the Pee Wee scores. Rota’s instrumentation and chromatic style of melodic writing is instantly recognizable. This touch spans from his concert work, to his work with Fellini, to the Godfather films.

I stumbled across this video the other day. Not much exhists of the man himself working. I hadn’t seen it before. These are the tapes of Francis Ford Coppala and Nino Rota having conversations at the piano about the cues for the original Godfather. Any fan would love this. There’s also an interesting bit about Coppala’s father, composer Carmine Coppala, who worked on those films as well.

It’s nice to see music is so important to some directors. You can see why these are classic films, the likes of which Elfman cites as such.

Maybe some of you will find this as interesting as I do…

– Flynn

Nick Parker
    Participant

Oh, this is awesome! Can we keep this video, Ryan?

Monsterhead
    Participant

There is a great German TV documentary about Rota on the Criterion 8 1/2 DVD. It’s marvelous…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I don’t mind YouTube vids that are actual videos. What I don’t want to see are YouTube videos that are just music tracks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.