Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Spider-Man 2.1 (Extended Cut)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TenderLumpling
    Participant

There’s some great Elfman behind-the-scenes material for Spider-Man 2 on IGN:

http://media.dvd.ign.com/media/882/882901/vids_2.html

I may want to get this reissue.

Danny Burton
    Participant

Wow, that was amazing.

Makes me wonder if the problems between Raimi and him had already started by the time that was recorded, as Elfman looks very relaxed and glad to be there.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Is this just the featurette we see or is the actual DVD score content longer?

Ryan

Edward Bloom
    Participant

I made my homework Ryan : apparently, the extra is 5 minutes long.
    It seems like they finally nailed what a good extra material around a film score should look and sound like !

Danny Burton
    Participant

If you see the trailer for the DVD you’ll notice SEVERAL new shots from the train sequence. Checking on amazon, this new release will have 8 minutes of new footage.

I wonder WHAT music will be playing during all that footage.

strongballs
    Participant

All I can say is that from the IGN clips of Danny is the most comprehensive clips I’ve ever seen.

RONDC20
    Participant

Yea I saw the extended footage of the Train fight scene and it does not look good. They butchered the score even more now.

You can judge for yourselves here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ1hUJP-1EE

The reuse part of the cue twice in the sequence and you can totally tell. It’s choppy and not done very well.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Obviously the music had to be edited for the special edition, so they didn’t have too much to work with. But forget that, HOW AWESOME WAS THAT FOOTAGE?! Spidey getting slammed against the train back and forth, Spidey getting hit by another train, Spidey making an instant swinging recovery from said hit… it’s amazing stuff that probably cost millions and got left out of the theatrical cut.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.