Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion SPIDER-MAN 2.1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Monsterhead
    Participant

Looks like Sonyt is releasing a new extended cut of SPIDER-MAN 2 to DVD on April17th. It will run 8 minutes longer, and I assume this is the cut that ran on Spike TV not long ago?

Save your money, this is nothing more than a shrewd marketing ploy for SPIDEY 3

Kipobe
    Participant

Raimi himself said it’d be lame… if the Director said that, why would I buy it? Sony = money whores.

RCox
    Participant

Raimi thinks it’s lame? Why couldn’t he be this honest while doing FOR LOVE OF THE GAME?

Monsterhead
    Participant

I think he was, actually. I do recall him saying that he did strictly for hire. No “A Film By..” credit even. I understand that he clashed with Costner, and just let him have his way with the movie…

Why, I ask, have we no CRIMEWAVE on DVD?

Untamed Aggression
    Participant

I liked For Love of the Game. It’s no classic, but I enjoyed it. Lovely score by Basil Poledouris.

Crimewave is out in Hong Kong on DVD (which is the version I have, the name on the actual print used is The XYZ Murders). The transfer looks like they just took it from a VHS source, though.

It’s also out on R2 in the UK, but I don’t know what the transfer is like. I’m waiting till it’s radically reduced in price before taking a look at it…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.