Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Spider-Man 2.5 ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Edward Bloom
    Participant

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6729

I know I’m dreaming BUT wouldn’t it be nice, with those new short additions, that Danny’s music is being reintegrated ? If they add 12 seconds in the train sequence or 5 in the clock tower fight, they’ll have to find music for it don’t you think ?
    Am I really going too far ?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I read that as well. I’d love to see a director’s cut with Danny’s music put in where it should ahve been.

The article also says that the Spidey franchise will end at 3. Danny said he’s willing to do a third, and if it’s the last time we see Spidey, imagine how incredible the score will be…

Dawg Man
    Participant

I don’t know. They’ll have to re-edit and Danny’s music would really be the only reason to do that. I don’t think Hollywood fatheads are willing to spend that kind of time and money on something simply based on that — despite the music and it’s ass kicking capability. Maybe Sam Raimi could pull his weight but I doubt it.

Oh well. It would be awesome to see anyway.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Danny said he’s willing to do a third…

Neat! What’s your source on this?

Anonymous

Oh GOD!!! I hope that there is a new edit of music replacing all the shoddy bad quality copy and paste butchering they did with music from the first film. That really irked me a lot and prevented me from fully enjoying the film. I REALLY!!! Hope that Danny Elfman writes new music for the parts of the score that used music from the first film.

I thought that the crappy copy and paste job in Spider-Man 2 was worse than the ones George Lucas did for Star Wars Episodes 1 and 2.

This really bugs me and I hope that this problem is solved. Am I the only one that is majorly bothered by this? BTW Ioved Elfman’s version of the Train sequence a lot better.

Ronald C

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Someone put an interview with him in this forum and he says that he doesn’t object to doing a third. Do a search, see if you can find it.

BATMAN
    Participant

why is this the new hollywood big budget blockbuster way of doing business? I know the accountants like to meddle with the films, but why with the soundtrack?? I mean, John Williams score to Episode 2 was similarly butchered, and to what effect?
    The only film composer I ever heard speak to this was Randy Newman. He was funny, as usual, and he was talking about Seabiscuit…not exactly Spidey 2 or Star Wars, but anyway he talked about trying to do your best, and often the films are temp scored and the diretors/producers fall in love with the temp score…so few people actually CARE about the music, why don’t they permit the people who do it as a living, the experts, do what they do best. And I know Denbey and Young were just trying to help out or whatever, but it really sucks that executive producers get together and decide to change music.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I thought that the crappy copy and paste job in Spider-Man 2 was worse than the ones George Lucas did for Star Wars Episodes 1 and 2.

Well, remember that the end battle of Episode II has proximately 40 cue fragments packed in that sequence. Spider-Man 2 was a Seven Spielberg score dub compared to Attack of the Clones.

I mean, John Williams score to Episode 2 was similarly butchered, and to what effect?
    The only film composer I ever heard speak to this was Randy Newman.

Though the year’s, Williams has a been a consummate professional — a gentleman’s gentlemen among film composers. Riffing on his employer would be tacky in his eyes.

Anonymous

http://elfman.filmmusic.com/forum/read.php?7,15701,15701#15701

Danny Burton’s report of a post-Spidy2-re-edit interview posted to the SuperHeroHype boards, and originating in a French mag called “Cinefonia”. The interview itself doesn’t seem to have been pasted in either place, so all we get is the second (or third-) hand report. Does anyone get access to this magazine? It sounds like it could answer a number of questions with the best authority available (even if you can’t always trust a man whose living is necessarily as much reliant on reputation and connections as it is with talent).

Blunt

Anonymous

Doing own leg-work…
    Found what looks like the offending magazine up for sale at http://www.cinefonia.com/shopmanager/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=97 and have just purchased (… I think – trusted to my poor French until I noticed the multi-lingual options – smacks forehead). I’d be happier, though, if there was an English-language interview from Elfman on this subject, since we’ve been feeling our way in the dark for a while now…
    Blunt

Anonymous

As promised, I typed out the interview and added a VERY ROUGH English summary. If you want to argue authoritatively on the issue, I suggest you head straight to the French and disregard my text altogether!

http://www.bluntinstrument.org.uk/elfman/archive/cinefonia04.htm

And if you want it with pictures and glossy pages, go buy the magazine.. :o)

Your friendly neighbourhood Bluntinstrument

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.