Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Spider-man 2 cues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mubneosic
    Participant

does anybody know where (if it even is possible) I can find the original Spider-man 2 cues that danny wrote before they were replaced by the temp tracks? Some like:

Pizza Man
    Blue Light
    Mayhem
    Part where he photographs MJ after she accepts John Jameson’s proposal
    and the Happy Montage that was later replaced with “Raindrops are Falling on my Head”

—-to name a few

I don’t know, I was just really wondering if these cues are available…..

D-Bo
    Participant

One sure way is to watch some of the special features on the second disc in the DVD set. I know there’s quite a bit of the cut cues throughout the features, but only a precious few without voices over them. Other than that, dunno what to tell ya; believe me, I’ve looked everywhere. I have no faith that Sony will release any of it officially.

EDIT: I’ve also tried such methods as staring up into the stars all night to see if any CD-shaped objects that could contain the material in question fell out of the sky, better yet, one that would land squarely on my noggin, in all its greatness. Um…that doesn’t work either. Stay tuned for future updates on how NOT to obtain the lost Spider-Man 2 cues.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Someone posted “Swing Closeup” somewhere around here, I know because it’s on both my mp3 player and my cell phone. The original “Pizza Man” cue plays during the Driector segment of the “Making the Amazing” feature.

mubneosic
    Participant

hmmmmmmm…..well i’ll look for “Swing Closeup” somewhere in this site.

No posts about bootlegs. This entire thread will be going in the shitter pretty soon…

Spider-Man Fan
    Participant

Hey mubneosic,

1) Pizza Man: The original, unused opening for this Elfman cue can be heard in the documentary during the “Direction” chapter, heard at 41:37 if you’re watching the feature. The unused section runs about 0:38 before seguing into Elfman’s music that was left in the film (which is from when Spider-Man appears until the end).

2) Blue Light: This is used a few times in the documentary. It is used directed after “Pizza Man” during the directions chapter and also appears in the Sound & Music chapter. What is nice is that Charles De Lauzrika cut a lot of the music to the scenes in the film, which is why we hear Blue Light during the filming of the Doc Ock demonstration sequence (in the direction chapter).

3) Mayhem: A section of this can be heard on one of the menus on Disc 2 (the exact one escapes me, it has Doc Ock on it by himself). I’ve deduced this from process of elimination. You can actually synch this music to the movie and it fits pretty well (start it around the time Harry yells “Turn it off, Otto!”).

4) Spider-Fall: Tricky one. The opening appears during the start of the “Women of Spider-Man” featurette. The rest of it can be heard both at the start of the Spyder-Cam chapter in the documentary and during Sound and Music when the attention first shifts to Danny’s score.

5) Happy Montage: This entire cue plays over the End Credits of the documentary. Sections of it are also used in the Women of Spider-Man featurette for Ursula’s section.

Hope this helps! If you need any more info, let me know. I’ve researched all this extensively and am actually in the process of writing a complete, score breakdown and analysis of the music, so don’t hesitate! :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.