Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Spider-Man 4: What Happens Next to Elfman’s Themes?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’m sure you guys have heard that Spider-Man 4 was recently given a May 6, 2011 release date. I’m sure you’ve also heard that by June, Sam Raimi, will be working full time on the movie. He’s currently in post-production for Drag Me to Hell.

So, it’s time to ask the question: What happens next to the various themes Elfman has created for the series? And how is Chris Young gonna treat them? Or, heck, is Raimi even gonna use them. Although…I assume he will. He already used the themes in part 3, so why not part 4 as well? It seems a little late to create a new Spider-Man theme. Or even a Peter Parker and Pete/MJ theme. Especially since Raimi seems to love those. As well as Laura Ziskin who praised it in the commentary for Spidey 2. And, Tobey Maguire has also talked about his admiration for Elfman’s work in general. He did it in both Spidey 1 and 2.

So…let’s start talking. What happens next? And, Ryan, have you heard anything?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I haven’t heard anything, but to be honest, I don’t care at this point. I didn’t like SPIDER-MAN 3, and we’ve got DRAG ME TO HELL coming out, which is all my little mind can think about at this point. This is the real Sam, my favorite film director, and thankfully he’s back!

Nick Parker
    Participant

Sam Raimi will probably just copy and paste music from the first two again….

mar2k
    Participant

I hope they just let Deborah Lurie score it. She seems to “get it” as far as variations on the existing themes and will stay true to Elfman’s past work.

Who knows, seeing how SM3 was just not a very good movie after the success of the first two and desperate for a huge success, the studio may throw mad money Danny’s way to come back to try to recapture the old magic. We can dream can’t we?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

The last place the studio is probably thinking about pumping money is the music department. They’d be best to focus it on getting the best script and VFX, which were embarrassingly awful in the last one. It’s hard to hope for Elfman’s return after the disappointment we all felt when we heard he’d be working on “Spider-Man 3” and that didn’t come to be. However, the hope is still there for 4.

I agree, Spider-Fan. However, it’s still interesting to see what happens next. I highly doubt that Elfman will return, but there is a good chance his theme will be used. So, it’ll be interest to hear what Young (or anyone else) does with it this time.

Word on the street is that Chris Young is scoring Spidey 4. Not a shocker…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Well considering they don’t even start filming until February, 2010, a lot can happen. A little early to consider the score written and recorded :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.