Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Sweeney is ‘Golden’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lucius
    Participant

Just thought you all should know that Johnny, Helena, and Tim got nominated for Golden Globes. Sweeney was nominated for best picture (Musical or Comedy) as well. It’s about time Tim got an director nom. I doubt he’ll get one for an Oscar, but you never know. (not that I have any doubt in Tim ability, it’s just the Oscar’s have turned into bullsh*t in the last few years.)

Lucius

Awesome!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Nice to see, though there’s pretty much no way Burton’s going to win over the competition this year. It’s sort of the same scenario that every other Oscar nominated movie faced between 2001 and 2003… nothing could compete with Lord of the Rings, and this year it looks like the film to beat is “No Country for Old Men.” Oddly none of the big nominated movies have gotten any of my interest (except for “Juno” and “Charlie Wilson’s War”, which probably and sadly won’t make it to the Oscars), much unlike last year.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Hmm, apparently all the good movies are released just seconds before New Years Day.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Burton loosing for a Coen movie is really something I can live with…

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Speaking of movies released just before New Year’s Day… has anyone noticed that James Newton Howard scored about half of them? The dude scored 4 films released in December! I know it’s slightly off-topic, but I just saw “I Am Legend” and I thought I should mention this fact.

RCox
    Participant

Reminds me of James Horner’s 2005 plate, with Flightplan, The New World, Zorro, and All the King’s Men all scheduled for the last two months of the year (King’s Men was eventually delayed an entire year, but the film was finished on schedule).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.