Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Sweeney Todd Trailer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    DannyBiker
    Participant
    TenderLumpling
    Participant

So… there will be more than one song in the movie, right?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Looks friggin fantastic! However I am a bit on the rocks about Johnny Depp. I feel like this is Jack Sparrow in revenge mode. However, it looks visually stunning, and I’m anxious to hear Johnny Depp sing.

DannyBiker
    Participant

The singing and the “eating people” parts are not obvious indeed; I guess they don’t want to scare people…

RCox
    Participant

People will be in for a surprise when “The Ballad of Sweeney Todd” kicks the movie off. “Wha? What’s with the singing?”

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Mmm, there will be a lot of unhappy kids out there.

gaba
    Participant

When I watched this today at 7 am, my semi-awoken thoughts were: “So this is the movie with Johnny Depp playing a bit of a morbid Michael Keaton playing Beetlejuice in From Hell in…whaa??…”
    But seriously, I think it will be terrific. I’m a visual nerd and the little shot of psychodelically coloured day-shot had me spinning out of my chair. If anything, it will be visually stunning. Let’s hope there rest of it is just as good. (and I can’t WAIT to see Rickman in this).

RCox
    Participant

Damn shame they cut out The Judge’s “Johanna.” Rickman would’ve nailed it.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Yeah, and after checking the website again today, looks like this film has indeed been given an R-rating. And wasn’t Christopher Lee supposed to be in this? Man I hope he shows up…

RCox
    Participant

Nope, Lee was cut a few weeks into filming. He never even got a chance to show up on set. The most frequently reported reason is because the shoot was in danger of going over due to Depp’s daughter’s illness suspending filming.

DannyBiker
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.