Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Tee hee hee.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’ve got something funny to tell ya. Wanna hear it? Ok, my nan (grandmother) told me this story.

When my nan was young she used to go to the same pub, in Pontypridd (Pont – ee – preeth), as Tom Jones. I’m telling you this because Danny Elfman wrote “With These Hands” for Tom Jones. Ok, I’ll continue. When my nan used to go to that pub, Tom Jones would sometimes serenade her. One day in that pub, my nan went into the kitchen and caught Tom Jones stealing a chicken!! She just laughed. It happened before he was famous, obviously. It’s all true. Did you know that Tom Jones is Welsh? Like me, YAY!! SORRY for being all patriotic and stuff. I’m only saying this because most people in America have never heard of Wales and some even say it’s in England! LOL!! Other famous people from Wales include, Anthony Hopkins, Charlotte Church, Catherine Zeta – Jones and Shirley Bassey. Sorry to rant.

Best wishes,
    Mike.

Anonymous

Danny Elfman didn’t write “With These Hands”.

Ryan

Anonymous

Who was it then? Anyway, Tom Jones starred in Tim Burton’s Mars Attacks, so that makes a connection to Danny Elfman.

Anonymous

Thank you Elf — all it takes is a look inside the CD insert to see that. But, if someone doesn’t own the CD… And downloaded the tracks off the internet, how would they know?

One more reason why “supporting Danny Elfman” doesn’t include downloading his music for free!

Of course if Michael did buy the disc, and didn’t know that Danny Elfman wasn’t involved with the song, well.. That’s troubling! :)

Ryan

Anonymous

What?! Tom Jones and Danny Elfman have a secret connection!? lol

Anonymous

I’d say it’s more like Tim Burton and Tom Jones have the connection, since it’s Burton who decides that either Tom Jones or his music or both should belong in certain films.

So now we’re playing Six Degrees of Separation From Danny Elfman… Oh, rah. (waving one underexcited finger in the air)

Anonymous

six degrees of separation?? Man, you really need to start buying his cds instead of downloading them….

Anonymous

Brian – – the Six Degrees of Separation is exactly what I was thinking!!!! I guess some people are eager to tell irrelevant stories because it makes them feel special.

Anonymous

Well..it kind of has to do with Danny…very, very inadvertently, that is ;) Shirley Bassey (sp?) and the Propellerheads rule!

So, my aunt watched a movie, which starred Jeffrey Jones, who was in Beetlejuice, which was directed by Tim Burton, who collaborated on Beetlejuice with Danny Elfman! Haha…had to join in on the fun somehow ;)

-E

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.