Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Terry Gilliam

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    moongirl84
    Participant

Does anyone know if Terry Gilliam wanted Danny to score his films? Is Danny even a fan of Terry Gilliam?

Thor
    Participant

Good question. I think they would have been a fine match.

bookbinder3
    Participant

I know that he is aware of Tim’s work, having worked with Johnny a few times aswell. Talking about the difficulty faced when he tries to work with Depp due to his busy schedule, he remarked “he’s Burton’s bitch, not mine”. I’ve wondered myself why they haven’t worked together yet, but II think Gilliam is happy enough with his current musical collaborators, having worked with the Danna’s twice now, I believe. Their score for The Imaginaruim was ok, though I must say I preferred the trailer music. Michael Kamen’s score for Brazil is something of a classic, isn’t it? Guillermo Del Toro liked it anyway.

ANYWAY. Won’t rule it out.

Monsterhead
    Participant

I think that Gilliam is a bit of a stickler when it comes to his scores. I would love to see these two work together, but I bet that it would end in a catastrophic conclusion. Listen to his commentaries on BRAZIL and BARON MUNCHAUSEN and listen to him nitpick Kamen’s amazing music here and there. He is not too democratic when it comes to his artistic decisions and I doubt that Elfman would put up with it.

Just a guess, however.

Thor
    Participant

I think that”s one of his greatest strengths – that he’s so conscious about all aspects of the filmmaking, including music. He wants his vision to come through. All his scores have been excellent, so I’m sure Elfman would fare the same way. To my knowledge, Gilliam isn’t THAT difficult to work with compared to the greatest auteurs in film history.

Natrebo
    Participant

There’s been a few Repeat composers on his films, Including Kamen, showing that he must not be too demanding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.