Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion That would be kind of ironic, i think…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Danny_Trejo
    Participant

If Alan SIlvestri replaces Elfman as the composer for Spider-man 3, i would be a nice touch of what i call ironic sense of humor, because years ago Elfman replaced Alan Silvestri on the scoring job for MIssion: Impossible…..

We will see..

If i have to be honest, i don’t prefer other composer for Spider-man 3 that is not Elfman, but if i have to pick a name I would go to others composers that don’t belong to the “super-hero genre”, like Graeme Revell or Marco Beltrami.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Oh, for the love of… Christopher Young is scoring Spider-Man 3!

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

>I would go to others composers that don’t belong to the “super-hero genre”, like Graeme Revell or Marco Beltrami.

Graeme Revell did “Daredevil”, “Spawn”, “Powerrangers” and comic-book stuff like “The Crow”, “Sin City” and “Tank Girl”.

Marco Beltrami did “Hellboy”, “The Crow 3” and “Blade II”.

And – for christ’s sake – Alan Silvestri will NOT score Spider-Man 3. Stop spreading false rumors.
    You punk.

Danny_Trejo
    Participant

Graeme Revell and Marco Beltrami “Doesn’t” belong to the “super hero-genre” in the way that their work for that movies in particular are not the classic sound for that movies.

And just to clarify, Spawn, The Crow, Sin CIty, Tank-girl are not super-heroes movies…. they’re based on Graphic Novels and other stuff like that, but are very far from being a super-hero movie. That’s for Revell.

ANd for Beltrami, just 2 entrys in that genre doesn’t make him belong to it.

you can’t compare it….to Elfman

Batman
    Batman Returns
    Hulk
    Flash

Edward Bloom
    Participant

Yeah….but only Elfman and now Ottman belong to the genre if we agree on your criterions. It’s like looking for composers belonging to the Star Wars genre…

BATMAN
    Participant

I’m guessing it will be some B composer for Spider-Man 3, because they will be cheapos and not dish ut the money for someone big.
    Unfortunately, most people don’t give a crap about film music, and even with someone like Elfman on board, the first and second movies gave just as much or more attention to explosion sounds as they did music.
    The third film will undoubtedly be the most sensational, and therefore, it will have the least emphasis on film subtleties.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

They don’t compare, because Silvestri actually scored MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE. Elfman hasn’t written a note for SPIDER-MAN III.

Ryan

ooshmaster
    Participant

Danny_Trejo Wrote:

> Graeme Revell and Marco Beltrami “Doesn’t” belong
    > to the “super hero-genre” in the way that their
    > work for that movies in particular are not the
    > classic sound for that movies.
    >
    > And just to clarify, Spawn, The Crow, Sin CIty,
    > Tank-girl are not super-heroes movies…. they’re
    > based on Graphic Novels and other stuff like that,
    > but are very far from being a super-hero movie.
    > That’s for Revell.
    >
    > ANd for Beltrami, just 2 entrys in that genre
    > doesn’t make him belong to it.
    >
    > you can’t compare it….to Elfman
    >
    >
    > Batman
    > Batman Returns
    > Hulk
    > Flash
    >

Uhhh…since when was “graphic novels” capitalized?
    and as far as Revell is concerned… what about the live action “Street Fighters” movie? LOL

Spider-Fan
    Participant

You’re not really Danny Trejo, are you? Those suggestions are Robert Rodriguez-types. Hmmm…

Well, I still don’t think anybody outside Sam Raimi’s composer circle would be near that film. And as it was pointed out, Young is scoring Spider-Man 3.

mike
    Participant

oh really? that is ironic. too bad it won’t happen though
    you know marco beltrami used to get coffee for Chris. Young back in the day
    he said that on the “I-Robot” music only commentary. made me laugh since marco’s career has gone up and yong still can’t compose a decent theme

Leccathu
    Participant

Ooh! And don’t forget that Revell did The Chronicles of Riddick!!! Gorgeous score… XD

Sorry – I digress. Nothing special to say here. *scoots back under her rock*

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.