Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Army of Darkness and Scream 2 cues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Does anyone know how Danny came to be involved in these films?

Obviously he had scored Raimi’s last film and Craven seems like someone that Danny would want to work with, but both of these films were scored by capable composers who would have done good jobs with the scenes Danny scored. Were they running out of time? Did Danny approach them about scoring the movies but they didn’t feel comfortable ditching the original composers and so offered him a scene (or two) instead?

I really like Danny’s music for both of these movies but I’m just curious.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I think Danny’s involvement with ARMY OF DARKNESS is a little clearer — the EVIL DEAD series clearly “belonged” to Joe LoDuca. This is speculation on my part, but the post-production process on ARMY OF DARKNESS requires significant changes to the picture. The “March of the Dead” clearly worked well to smooth over the third act. LoDuca’s score was also heavily re-edited, and depending on the cut you watch (the Shout! Factory release includes 3 versions!) several cues are in different places.

Now, what I’d really like is a more film-accurate mix of the “March” — it sounds a bit more rough and ready in the film.

As for SCREAM 2, that was 1997, and behind-the-scenes info on film scores was kind of hard to come by ;)

Monsterhead
    Participant

When LoDuca was interviewed for the Shout! release of AoD, he was asked about Danny’s contribution and chose to avoid the topic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.