Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Dear Hunter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I read AP Magazine each month because I love alternative rock (whatever that means!). There’s the odd reference to Danny Elfman in there, believe it or not. This month’s ref is in their review of the album ACT 1: THE LAKE SOUTH, THE RIVER NORTH by The Dear Hunter. And I quote: ” The Dear Hunter lean more into the haunted territory of a Danny Elfman score, as interpreted by a post-hardcore band who’s not afraid to challenge listeners with a capella singing, itchy-toed instrumental breaks and mellifluous melodies.” And they rate the album 5 of 5.

The album is available on iTunes, so let me know what you think. A couple of the samples are very couple and do echo Elfman a bit.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=191858846&s=143455

Ryan

boingomusic
    Participant

Wow, thanks for pointing Ryan. I like it. Not all of it, but a song like “City Escape” has really some elfman spirit in it. Very interesting!

-Eric

Thor
    Participant

Can’t get it to work. All I see when I click that link is the iTunes homepage. The search engine can’t come up with any Dear Hunter either. Oh well…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.