Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Hunger Games

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

[Update: We’ve been told that Elfman is definitely scoring The Hunger Games with T Bone Burnett]

Burnett was later confirmed to being doing the songs.

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/danny-elfman-the-hunger-games-score/3368

Monsterhead
    Participant

What an ignorant article. All the facts are nice to hear about, but that opening and closing paragraph? Please…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Yeah, not called for. “movies.com” too. I mean who TF are they?

http://twitter.com/#!/horrorgeek

D-Bo
    Participant

Ah, what nice, professional journalism, Mr. Mike Bracken. Good job. *slow clap*

Certainly good “news,” though, such as it was presented.

elfboy91
    Participant

You wanna see more Elfman hate? Check out the DICK TRACY album review on iTunes.. pretty brutal.

Thor
    Participant

Where is the DICK TRACY album on iTunes? I did a search in the store and only found the Madonna album. How do you see reviews in iTunes anyway?

elfboy91
    Participant

Dunno.. it’s on there.. Clear as daylight. The ITunes review is right above the tracklist.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Ohhhhh, I see. He is a “horror journalist”. I get it now….

Thor
    Participant

Ah, I see it now. The wrong cover confused me.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Lionsgate made the official announcement today.

Quote:
    Elfman and Burnett will be collaborating on the film score, with Burnett also serving as the film’s Executive Music Producer, producing songs for the film and soundtrack.

http://www.hungergamestrilogy.net/2011/06/lionsgate-confirms-that-t-bone-burnett-will-be-collaborating-danny-elfman-to-score-the-hunger-games-movie/

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Reads like a bad press release… But here’s some info:

T Bone Burnett and Danny Elfman are collaborating as composers for the Lionsgate film, which is expected to feature a wide range of musical genres.

Universal Republic will release soundtrack and score albums related to The Hunger Games, the Lionsgate film that T Bone Burnett and Danny Elfman are collaborating on as composers. In addition to their instrumental work, Universal Republic will release collections of the songs featured in the film and songs directly influenced by the themes — freedom, rebellion, survival, family — and subject matter of the film.

Set in the future, the film’s music is expected to cross multiple genres, Lionsgate’s head of music Tracy McKnight says. “The list of artists that could participate, and the opportunities for them to write and record, are really unlimited,” she said in a statement.

The music is expected to fit the moods of the film’s locales: an area that resembles the South; a futuristic metropolis; and a forested arena where the games take place.

Set in the ruins of North America, the Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which teenagers – aka Tributes — must fight with one another until one survivor remains. A central character, the impoverished Katniss Everdeen, is forced to make dramatic choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

The Hunger Games is expected to be the first of four films based on Suzanne Collins’ best-selling novels. Gary Ross is the director, while Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson star.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hunger-games-soundtrack-be-released-218692

Thor
    Participant

‘multiple genres’….geddit!!

He, he….bad press release indeed.

ddddeeee
    Participant
    sajrocks
    Participant

Final card: “Music from The Hunger Games available March 2012 from Universal Republic.” It’s probably too early to be excited, but YES!

ddddeeee
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fye5Nwe4qeI

I’m a big fan of the books and cannot wait for this.

The trailer looks good and it seems like Elfman has a lot to play with.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I had suspected this after that latest radio interview with Elfman but there are rumors that he’s leaving the project and JNH is taking over.

This is/was my most anticipated score of 2012 so I’d be absolutely gutted if it’s true.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Don’t care much about that one for my part…

lonzoe
    Participant

With four projects next year. Three coming in at the first half of next year. This was bound to happen. Though I expected Elfman to back out of MIIIB instead . But I’m glad he didn’t. B/c I’d rather see Elfman complete a trilogy he begun musically. Good luck to Howard. I’m sure he’ll do good. But Elfman was the only reason I was going to see this movie. Now my interest in it is gone.

DannyBiker
    Participant

My thoughts exactly. And JNH is more than a fine alternative…

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’d much rather he would have bowed up of MIB3, since that movie is shaping up to be a disaster while THG is sure to be the next big thing.

I’m sure Howard will do good but I do think this was the most interesting project on Elfman’s table.

Thor
    Participant

Agree with the trilogy thing. HUNGER GAMES seems to have an interesting premise (I’ve not read the books), but I was worried about the TWILIGHT comparisons. In any case, Elfman is so busy these days that there won’t be any shortage of new music from him!

ddddeeee
    Participant

Loved the movie. However, JNH’s score was poor and added crap all to the movie apart from a few select scenes. There was also a lot of droning and the most important parts of the movie are unscored.

Doesn’t seem like Elfman would have had a lot to do so I feel a lot better that he pulled out. But it still would have been nice to see Elfman score another mammoth hit, since THG is breaking all sorts of box office records this weekend.

I liked JNH’s score.

ddddeeee
    Participant

It’s fine. But I feel that it should have been a lot more. The movie also features tons of droning, which I was relieved to hear did not come from Howard.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.