Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion “The Kingdom” delayed until late September!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RCox
    Participant

In what appears to be depressingly regular news, another Elfman-scored feature has been delayed. According to http://www.darkhorizons.com, “The Kingdom” has been delayed until September 28th to allow for more hype to be built up in reaction to recent positive test screenings. Considering that Peter Berg has been behind some strong films recently (The Rundown, Friday Night Lights), one can only hope that this is the real reason behind the delay.

This will be Elfman’s fourth film in a row to be delayed. “Charlotte’s Web” was delayed from Summer 06 to December 06; “Meet the Robinsons” was intended to bow in December but will now see a March 30th release; and “The Visiting” was delayed for an entire year before Elfman decided to vacate that project.

Well, I guess we still have “Meet the Robinson” and “Spider-man 3” themes to tide us over.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

It makes sense to release this in late Summer anyways. It struck me as an odd choice for a Winter release.

Ryan

Dawg Man
    Participant

More time for Elfman to work on the music. Always a good thing.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Yeah, unless he bails…(i.e. The Visiting)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I doubt he will bail like THE VISITING, because I don’t believe we saw any studio material that had Elfman tied to THE VISITING, therefore it couldn’t be confirmed that he was even signed.

Ryan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.